Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

I wonder if anyone thought to get a time lapse camera up? I've known a few construction projects where they mounted a camera on a corner of the site and took an image every day or so. Creates an interesting record of build from ground up.

If there ever was one on this job I imagine it has been long since 'lost'

Just now, CallMeCurious said:

I wonder if anyone thought to get a time lapse camera up? I've known a few construction projects where they mounted a camera on a corner of the site and took an image every day or so. Creates an interesting record of build from ground up.

They did...it ran out of film 3 years ago.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, CallMeCurious said:

If they make such a camera that can film for soooooooooo long they would probably have had to change the batteries about 108 times, or 110 or maybe even more. Or just leave it plugged into the main.

7 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

They did try time lapse but when they played it back it moved slower than ever

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That electronic people counter webcam thingy on the prom near the Crescent didn’t last long either. The sparky’s lost a lot of overtime there as they spent long hours fiddling with it.

19 hours ago, Banker said:

Marco has been running his business for 42 years.

I suddenly feel very old!

My brother used to play 5 a side football with him in the early days of the rebuilt Summerland.

Marco's father used to display many of the certificates from the competitions that Marco won in his own hair salon.

The Environment and Infrastructure Policy Review Committee will be taking oral evidence on Friday 19th March 2021 at 10.30am.

The Committee will hear from Hon Tim Baker MHK, Minister for Infrastructure, and Mr Nick Black, Chief Executive of the Department of Infrastructure. The first part of the hearing will focus on the Douglas Promenade Scheme, and the second part will address matters relating to the Road Transport Licensing Committee and Bus Vannin.

Legislative Buildings remain closed to the public. The Committee, staff and witnesses will all participate remotely. The evidence will be able to be heard via the livestream on the Tynwald website. The recording will also be available after the session under the “Listen Again” section of the website and a Hansard transcript will be published in due course.