Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Nice new granite street signage going in.

1. will anyone driving be able to read. Poor contrast and vertical rather than horizontal. I’d prefer black on white standard signage.

2. it’s in the wrong place. Central Prom starts at Broadway. Harris Prom runs from Greenills Corner/Church Road Marina to Broadway.

A35B61A1-1749-4EFD-B5DA-BA9EA84B87E6.jpeg

WTF is that?

I can't see a single thing about it that makes me think it is 

a - Attractive

b - functional 

c - necessary 

Absolutely gobsmacked.  Who on earth signed that (and I assume there are others) off

Also.  What happened to the 16k pedestrian counter that got washes away in the first storm opposite the old Paramount City (which is incidentally becoming a very nice residence that I am slightly jealous of)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

WTF is that?

I can't see a single thing about it that makes me think it is 

a - Attractive

b - functional 

c - necessary 

Absolutely gobsmacked.  Who on earth signed that (and I assume there are others) off

Also.  What happened to the 16k pedestrian counter that got washes away in the first storm opposite the old Paramount City (which is incidentally becoming a very nice residence that I am slightly jealous of)

Milky Quayle has it apparently . Ex Paramount City building .

Edited by Numbnuts

8 hours ago, John Wright said:

Nice new granite street signage going in.

1. will anyone driving be able to read. Poor contrast and vertical rather than horizontal. I’d prefer black on white standard signage.

2. it’s in the wrong place. Central Prom starts at Broadway. Harris Prom runs from Greenills Corner/Church Road Marina to Broadway.

A35B61A1-1749-4EFD-B5DA-BA9EA84B87E6.jpeg

Had a look this morning assuming they would just need to spin it round but no they have got it wrong.

Always nice to see they have added something to obscure the view of people using the zebra crossing as well. Must be to keep people on their toes.

8 hours ago, John Wright said:

A reputed £20,000 each

Astonishing.  Who on earth would have thought that was such a good idea and value for money.

It seems sometimes like living in a parallel world.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Perhaps Harris Promenade is on the side that says Harris Promenade?

ETA a bit like how street signs work 

Not really. To see that you’d have to be on Central Promenade and moving away from Harris Promenade.

Only similar thing I can think of is canal mile markers. Lots of people think they’re the wrong way round. But no. They mark the distance you’ve travelled. So on the Lancaster Canal, travelling north, they say Lancaster 1, 2, 3, 4 miles, etc. Going south they used to give the distance from Kendal. Carriage charges were based on distance travelled.

• Like 2