Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

2 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I was told on good authority, plane off the top 40mm and then lay red tarmac

Okay, well that might work though not sure its a 'easy' fix as suggested. But not sure theres much other options tbh. Won't be doing anything like that though till 2022 I would say .  

27 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Okay, well that might work though not sure its a 'easy' fix as suggested. But not sure theres much other options tbh. Won't be doing anything like that though till 2022 I would say .  

Taking 40mm of the top will not solve the proplem if the concrete is cracking it will be in its entire depth, they will be basically hiding the surface and on the Promenade the environment will wash 40 mm of tarmac out in the first winter storm ffs who come's up with these shit idea's? sound's like a JR solution, just like himself f~~king brainless.

46 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Another bloody 100 years of the horse trams !!!  ??

Yes, in 100 years time Longworth's great grandson will be plotting how to extend them and the MER to Castletown....

Just now, Nellie said:

Accordingto the '4 Week schedule' which Auldyn and DoI publish (but which seldom resembles what actually happens) the 'Red Slab Repairs' are supposed to start next week.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/myprom.im/dpr_4weekprog_03-05-21.pdf

Will be interesting to see what this actually entails, and the extent of the works.

It'll no doubt be patched up with resin or whatever else they have in mind. 

Will last 12 months and then start to crack even worse.

22 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Accordingto the '4 Week schedule' which Auldyn and DoI publish (but which seldom resembles what actually happens) the 'Red Slab Repairs' are supposed to start next week.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/myprom.im/dpr_4weekprog_03-05-21.pdf

Will be interesting to see what this actually entails, and the extent of the works.

That's on the south part so basically Loch Prom where there are no tracks.

I didnt think there were any cracks on that part but I am always distracted by the sinking zebra crossings so who knows......

• Haha 1

Its amazing when you think about it after 2 1/2 years there's actually not one section or area that is finished . Most of the road areas still have to have a final top coat , red concrete ,we all know about that , and still lots of services to go into dwellings and shops etc . It really has been a failure of epic proportions.   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Its amazing when you think about it after 2 1/2 years there's actually not one section or area that is finished . Most of the road areas still have to have a final top coat , red concrete ,we all know about that , and still lots of services to go into dwellings and shops etc . It really has been a failure of epic proportions.   

Indeed.  It'll be interesting to see how much of a sword Nick Black falls on when this enquiry is completed. 

The other day he took exception to someone not addressing Baker as Minister on an email.  Petty.

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Indeed.  It'll be interesting to see how much of a sword Nick Black falls on when this enquiry is completed. 

In China he'd have been executed months ago.

The DoI seem keen enough to import Chinese granite. Can't we import  some of their quaint customs too?

Does anyone have Xi Jinping's phone number?

Edited by Nellie
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

That's on the south part so basically Loch Prom where there are no tracks.

I didnt think there were any cracks on that part but I am always distracted by the sinking zebra crossings so who knows......

There's a few spray painted circles gone down on the Loch Prom red concrete.