Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Just had a newsletter from the prom team. They will be chucking a temporary surface down on Loch Prom for TT and the fences will still be up from the Hydro to the Castle Mona. 

So it looks like they are already over 2 months behind schedule. . 

Wonder who will be paying for all the extra work involved?. I can guess

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:42 PM, hissingsid said:

If you agree members should stay on topic why don't you ?   A bit of banter is always good but nit picking and name calling died a death when we left primary school.   

I do

To be fair to PGW, he is a stickler for staying on topic and reminding us when we stray off it. he always pulls me up when I wander of the subject.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2019 at 11:42 PM, hissingsid said:

If you agree members should stay on topic why don't you ?   A bit of banter is always good but nit picking and name calling died a death when we left primary school.   

Unfortunately it would appear some never did....

5 minutes ago, Gizo said:

So is it true that all the traffic cones on the prom and elsewhere are on hire? £5 plus vat per cone/day? 

I thought the cones belonged to the contractors?

23 minutes ago, Gizo said:

So is it true that all the traffic cones on the prom and elsewhere are on hire? £5 plus vat per cone/day? 

It wouldn't surprise me, have all the Richmond hill one's been rounded up to infest the mountain with the rediculous constant take them up put them back nonsense.

Edited by finlo

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Watling Streetworks, a company set up to exclusively supply the DOI with cones, signs and fences. 

Since you can buy heavy duty traffic cones for around £5 each I would imagine they would be even cheaper bought in bulk

16 hours ago, MrPB said:

How do they get away with driving round in English registered vans? I thought if you were here for more than 10 days working the vehicles needed to be reregistered in the IOM under the DOIs own rules? Some of those Watling St vans have been driving round for months paying no road tax here on roads they themselves are cluttering up with junk we’re paying for. 

Because you only have to re-regster a vehicle if you are becoming a resident of the Isle of Man. If they are an English company just over here on and off for periods of time, they are not resident.

19 minutes ago, MrPB said:

If they’re being used here for over 12 weeks they need to be registered or face a £1000 fine. They’ve gone for local hauliers before for using their English vehicles over here for too long and threatened fines. Seems it’s fine if your on a government contract though. Rules are just ignored. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-39556136

That isn’t what the report, or law says.

if you live here, or are incorporated here, you must register your vehicle here, if you bring it over and use it, as soon as possible, and 12 weeks is taken as a rule of thumb.

If you live, or are incorporated, elsewhere, and bring a vehicle over it depends on intention, and the rules where you bring it from.

if you intend to bring it over permanently, ie not return it, then as soon as possible, if temporary then you get 6 months before you need to re register under the relevant Vienna Convention agreements.

If the country where the vehicle is registered has permanent export rules, ie vehicle must be notified as exported if permanently absent for a fixed period, then you should register here.

There are other rules and dispensations for temporary residents, such as students.