Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

5 hours ago, kevster said:

Pedestrian refuge, splits the north and south bound lanes, and 'looks pretty'

Once two way traffic is reinstated and you add parking on the seaside, the carriageway is tiny. 

There will be all sorts of fun to have when people slam their brakes on when they spot a space. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

Harsh. I disagree with him/her on some subjects and agree on others.  As is a the way with most people you deal with in life.

You are hardly immune to a knob bush post yourself (none of us are)

DDB constantly fishes for an arguement. Fair do, it's a forum for debate. Sometimes it's a bit like the Monty python arguement sketch though......

I'll beat him to it..

Oh no it's not!

The prom is going to be one  very narrow road when it eventually goes 2 way. Very narrow, and I mean narrow enough that it will ruin the whole point of a "Promenade"

Braddan School one way is not really going to make much difference to journey times.

You will have to give way to vehicles on your right at Unions Mills shop in place of the Braddan Bridge roundabout in the mornings.... no big deal.

I have no problem with most roadworks, it needs doing in 99.9 % of cases. Your cant make omelettes without breaking eggs as my father used to say............

"Consulting" with the public, like they are doing in Castletown for the one way, does nothing other than waste time. 

It will be a considerable inconvenience to southbound traffic from the North who use Johnny Wattersons/ Ballafletcher/ Braddan Bridge to QB or up through the Cooil, as a means of avoiding Governors/ Glencrutchery/St Ninians.

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It will be a considerable inconvenience to southbound traffic from the North who use Johnny Wattersons/ Ballafletcher/ Braddan Bridge to QB or up through the Cooil, as a means of avoiding Governors/ Glencrutchery/St Ninians.

An inconvenience is hardly that big a deal if it means a better, read smoother, road?

Thats from my experience driving over it, it is in a shocking state.

They have picked the best time, ie no school traffic,  so other than doing it in the middle of the night from "Sky Hooks", how else do you propose they work on that road?

2 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I use that area every single day without fail.

School closures make a huge difference to the traffic flow.  They will need to alter the Cronkbourne Road Bray Hill traffic light timings though.

No idea why they are closing it. I'm guessing there's work to be done.  And the summer holidays is the best time to do it.

isnt it one way rather than closure

19 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

An inconvenience is hardly that big a deal if it means a better, read smoother, road?

Thats from my experience driving over it, it is in a shocking state.

They have picked the best time, ie no school traffic,  so other than doing it in the middle of the night from "Sky Hooks", how else do you propose they work on that road?

Nights, as you've suggested? Seems to work everywhere else (even Pulrose Bridge), there's nothing that would require any skyhook, surely? They're talking about widening the pavement too, how can they do that without narrowing the existing road?

We will end up with all manner of chicanery here in the name of "traffic calming measures". It may not end up as "smooth" as you might wish, or be "better", from a traffic point of view?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

The prom is going to be one  very narrow road when it eventually goes 2 way. Very narrow, and I mean narrow enough that it will ruin the whole point of a "Promenade"

Braddan School one way is not really going to make much difference to journey times.

You will have to give way to vehicles on your right at Unions Mills shop in place of the Braddan Bridge roundabout in the mornings.... no big deal.

I have no problem with most roadworks, it needs doing in 99.9 % of cases. Your cant make omelettes without breaking eggs as my father used to say............

"Consulting" with the public, like they are doing in Castletown for the one way, does nothing other than waste time. 

They cocked around with the prom at Blackpool, sort of forgetting that it is a main route along the coast. It became worse at peak times than it had been.

This is far from over. 

• Like 1

if Leather gets loch prom  extended out to sea what is now the prom won't actually be the prom any more.  i'm sure all the existing  hotels along there will be quite happy to have nearly 50 acres of buildings between themselves and the sea,  daft old fucker even with his so claimed qualifications .   is this an example of the new blood required in politics ??  ha fucking ha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1