Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

25 minutes ago, skins said:

Agree there are plenty of busy roads/routes that require attention more than this & not just in Douglas. But for example, DOI have mentioned elsewhere that they won’t touch Woodbourne Road until the Prom has been completed as it’s a key alternative route; obviously don’t view this road in the same way despite the additional traffic from Onchan and the north heading into town instead of along the Prom. 

Although they recently spent a couple of weeks repairing & tarmacing that major route that is wybourn road in Onchan 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Banker said:

Although they recently spent a couple of weeks repairing & tarmacing that major route that is wybourn road in Onchan 

There must be a DOI manager living up Wybourn Rd for that to be done. There are lots of roads in Onchan that are far worse than that was.

• Like 2

At 8.55AM this morning, Douglas-bound traffic was already at a virtual standstill from QB all the way back to Ballafletcher roundabout, I was driving in the opposite direction.

When that lot starts diverting down the Strang (cue complaints from residents?) or coming into Douglas via Glencrutchery Rd and Ballanard/St Ninians instead it won't bode well for traffic flow.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

At 8.55AM this morning, Douglas-bound traffic was already at a virtual standstill from QB all the way back to Ballafletcher roundabout, I was driving in the opposite direction.

When that lot starts diverting down the Strang (cue complaints from residents?) or coming into Douglas via Glencrutchery Rd and Ballanard/St Ninians instead it won't bode well for traffic flow.

Totally agree, there’s 200 comments on 3fm & Manx radio Facebook about this nearly all negative. It will be chaos!!

How idiots like dogs dangly say there’s no issues is beyond me , obviously works for DOI!!

11 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

But that’s why they are doing it in school holidays when the traffic will be less.

You know, school holidays like this week, when like you say the traffic is already backed up in every direction.

How anyone thinks it won’t be chaos is beyond me, and it just doesn’t seem justified. (I just drove up there again.  It’s fine)

18 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The one thing they probably will need to do is look at the parking along Strang Road.

The traffic volumes itself shouldn't make that much difference.  It only backs up from QB to BallaFlecther roundabout because of the volume of traffic coming from the right at Braddan Bridge.     For a very short period of time.  I drove down there this morning not 15 minutes or so before you came up that way and there was no back up of traffic.

Also, as with most roadworks, people need to plan their journey and leave a touch earlier. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Banker said:

You talk bullshit on everything, let’s see what it’s like when it’s one way with buses & hospital traffic to Douglas being routed down strang road & tromode road which are terrible roads at best of times, try turning right into tromode road at busy times, traffic is backed up to graveyard 

Speaking of moaning bullshit.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

The one thing they probably will need to do is look at the parking along Strang Road.

The traffic volumes itself shouldn't make that much difference.  It only backs up from QB to BallaFlecther roundabout because of the volume of traffic coming from the right at Braddan Bridge.     For a very short period of time.  I drove down there this morning not 15 minutes or so before you came up that way and there was no back up of traffic.

Also, as with most roadworks, people need to plan their journey and leave a touch earlier. 

Absolute bollocks, I live in the area as have many who have posted negative comments.

We know what the traffic is like & I stand by my comments that you’re either a complete idiot or work for DOI as not one other positive comment .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Problem solved, there’ll be less traffic from the north using Ballanard Road/Tromode Road diversions because the mountain road will be shut for six weeks too!! 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/six-week-closure-for-mountain-road/?fbclid=IwAR1FFGGUiZ2aqNsh_qIqwoZp8XjNu6h4fJn8EnHhq7_yc-g6WULnZvBltiY

Edited by skins
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, skins said:

Problem solved, there’ll be less traffic from the north using Ballanard Road/Tromode Road diversions because the mountain road will be shut for six weeks too!! 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/six-week-closure-for-mountain-road/?fbclid=IwAR1FFGGUiZ2aqNsh_qIqwoZp8XjNu6h4fJn8EnHhq7_yc-g6WULnZvBltiY

Ffs.  Right when it's the best time to be firing over there on two and four wheels.:rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I'm annoyed because they're doing it:rolleyes: It's the best time of year up there 

And thats probably why the brains trust at DOI are doing it then. Theres a prize at Xmas for the person coming up with the best plan to disrupt the population ! Lots of entrants this year but no clear leader yet .

• Haha 2