Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

7 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

DOI I'd say . My money is it wont open on Monday . Theres a shitstorm on facebook about it .

To be fair it has been in the plans and public that this cock up was coming for at least 2 years.

I expected it to at least be finished properly though.

5 minutes ago, trmpton said:

To be fair it has been in the plans and public that this cock up was coming for at least 2 years.

I expected it to at least be finished properly though.

Its quite different to the plans though. And check the pics out again as doesnt look much room for traffic coming from north to south down the prom. Certainly looks very tight for a bus or truck etc And yes the finish is completly unacceptable .  

5 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Its quite different to the plans though. And check the pics out again as doesnt look much room for traffic coming from north to south down the prom. Certainly looks very tight for a bus or truck etc And yes the finish is completly unacceptable .  

But where is the traffic to go? Between the lines, or following them?  

The crossing outside of  Admiral House - is that a pedestrian crossing or not?

Were these designed approved by a traffic management consultant or some GCSE installation art student?  At least if it was Banksy there would be some acerbic wit in there. 

Does anyone in DOI actually understand that if it is not clear how to use a road, the likely consequences are serious, if not grave? 

This is not designing a patio FFS.

• Like 4

Someone needs to stick a live stream camera up on Monday morning. it’s going to absolute carnage, there must be a reason they installed traffic lights rather than a roundabout in the first instance, god help visitors come TT/MGP, it will be every man for themselves like QB.

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Someone needs to stick a live stream camera up on Monday morning. it’s going to absolute carnage, there must be a reason they installed traffic lights rather than a roundabout in the first instance, god help visitors come TT/MGP, it will be every man for themselves like QB.

There used to be a policeman on point duty there.

20 minutes ago, Gladys said:

But where is the traffic to go? Between the lines, or following them?  

The crossing outside of  Admiral House - is that a pedestrian crossing or not?

Were these designed approved by a traffic management consultant or some GCSE installation art student?  At least if it was Banksy there would be some acerbic wit in there. 

Does anyone in DOI actually understand that if it is not clear how to use a road, the likely consequences are serious, if not grave? 

This is not designing a patio FFS.

I think the red concrete 'band' outside Admirals house etc is meant as a safe area for pedestrians when crossing. But that doesnt fit in with the red concrete between rails and either side of rails tbh. Its not very clear and equally not sure how it would stand up legally when a accident takes place. , and it will sadly 

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

I think the red concrete 'band' outside Admirals house etc is meant as a safe area for pedestrians when crossing. But that doesnt fit in with the red concrete between rails and either side of rails tbh. Its not very clear and equally not sure how it would stand up legally when a accident takes place. , and it will sadly 

What is a safe area for pedestrians crossing other than a pedestrians' crossing?

45 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It’s crying out for someone to paint in a giant clitoris. 

None of the workmen would know where to put it......

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Gladys said:

What is a safe area for pedestrians crossing other than a pedestrians' crossing?

Agreed but just passing on what I've been told . Its apparently between the two lanes of traffic to allow a pause when crossing . But why not just as you say have pedestrian crossings . Who knows , maybe I was told duff info . But if so what is it for ?? 

Oops just read your post correctly now. Yes apparently its a pedestrian crossing , sorry , but still not sure what the red concrete wide band is for 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, it’s only opening to exit the prom on Monday……we’ve still got to wait another month until it’s fully opened!!

17D62C56-5CEF-48AA-94BE-0759E0C3C61A.jpeg