Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

31 minutes ago, trmpton said:

In which case what John thinks are stop lines, aren’t stop lines.

Basic enough apparently

My prom said that there would be line painting going on to do with the Roundabout ! today but was down around 11 am and couldnt see anything . Supposed to open tomorrow to access Broadway only .

Edited by Numbnuts

59 minutes ago, trmpton said:

No you don’t.  The traffic coming from your right should give you as much priority as you give them. No one vehicle or pedestrian has priority over anyone else.

It’s basic enough. Whats difficult about it? 😂

I meant to say you are NOT pulling out in front of traffic from the right.  So it makes zero difference to how you handle the situation.  Like any roundabout really.  

Hysterical. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

a TV crew down there in the morning should get some interesting footage.

Why. It’s only going to be open to traffic going north on the prom filtering to the left. Traffic is still going to be using the walkway until the carriageways are linked up. That’s expected for 15/7.  The roadways north or south aren’t actually connected to the ellipsabout 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I meant to say you are NOT pulling out in front of traffic from the right.  So it makes zero difference to how you handle the situation.  Like any roundabout really.  

Hysterical. 

You said it was basic.  So, is it a roundabout or not?

17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Why. It’s only going to be open to traffic going north on the prom filtering to the left. Traffic is still going to be using the walkway until the carriageways are linked up. That’s expected for 15/7.  The roadways north or south aren’t actually connected to the ellipsabout 

oh yes, i'd almost forgotten it was that far behind schedule.

There are at present no recognised legal road markings there. So either it’s not finished, in which case it shouldn’t be open, or as the copper we spoke to yesterday said, you’d better make damn sure you’ve got a dash-cam so you can prove what went wrong when it does. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I wonder if the new 'fixture' at Broadway is one of these trendy multi-user things, where it theoretically makes it safer for vulnerable users by slowing everyone down and making them figure out what is going on.

I think I've seen similar in Oxford, but there, the local view is go for it and hope nobody steps out.

That's the idea of them. Create uncertainty.

22 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's the idea of them. Create uncertainty.

This is true.  Before that pen it properly they had better tell people "if" it is a roundabout, or how we use it.

I don't believe it is intended to be a roundabout

5 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I wonder if the new 'fixture' at Broadway is one of these trendy multi-user things, where it theoretically makes it safer for vulnerable users by slowing everyone down and making them figure out what is going on.

I think I've seen similar in Oxford, but there, the local view is go for it and hope nobody steps out.

This wouldn't be a bad thing.

The standard of driving here is fucking awful.  You should ride a motorbike because when you do you realise the amount of vegetables on the road.  In some sort of trance or semi comatose state.

Actually making people think might not be a bad idea.