Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

34 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Not the best but zoom in on the edges and access covers/manholes and where the joins are. This is new !! Not 5 years down the line. And variable colours on concrete .

IMG_1313.JPG

This is what is getting overlooked.

The Awful design and massive cost and delays are getting all the coverage, but if you walk down there the actual implementation of those piss poor and massively expensive mistakes is actually atrocious in its own right.

If you paid someone to do that in your own car park or drive, you wouldn’t pay them.  It’s the same all the way along

• Like 3

Just now, AlanShimmin said:

DDB will be along in a minute to confirm they would.

The one thing I like about you is that no matter what form you present yourself in the issues are still front and centre :thumbsup:

As far as the Prom goes, clearly there are a lot of experts in those sorts of projects on here so I'll take their word for it.  I have no reason to visit or use the Prom really at the moment so I'm going to continue avoiding it.   I am however fairly confident that Broadway won't leave me having a hysterical meltdown once I arrive there.

10 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Mr Baker now saying that motorists will get used to the new roundabout/junction/arrangement (3FM News).

He's probably right. But still doesnt excuse what it looks like aesthetically and how bad the workmanship is . Ohh and how long will it be till there back on it to repair the faults. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoTail said:

When you look at the bottom of Broadway there are at least 10 manhole covers. Is that really necessary?  Why not put 1 big one in which has access to all the services. 

Different services should be a distance from others and also run in trenches which it would be nigh impossible to marry all up into one defined area. Also if anything goes wrong and any excavations needed it makes it very hard to work on them. Def not advised or even allowed . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Colour matching concrete is well hard. It's going to look shit forever. 

They might resort to painting it. A bit like the Forth Bridge...

17 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

That was a whole lot of moaning and whining about nothing whatsoever really.  Very manx 🦀  syndrome.

So you dont think its better now they have reverted back because in my opinion it definitely is That plan was a typical DOI brain storm when someone came up with a idea and away they went. No thought of practical issues involved . 

• Thanks 1