Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

I strongly suspect that the painted roundabout has arisen due to budget and time overruns. I can well imagine it was originally to be completed including block paved central roundel etc but in an effort to get this thing over the line they are now claiming it is part of a future ' project...cynical

Edited by The Duck of Atholl
Spelling
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

I strongly suspect that the painted roundabout has arisen due to budget and time overruns. I can well imagine it was originally to be completed including block paved central rounded etc but in an effort to get this thing over the line they are now claiming it is part of a future project...cynical

You are totally correct I'm sure . Theres been quite alot cut from original spec because of cost and overrun. The biggest one of course being the tram rails through to Sea terminal. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

I strongly suspect that the painted roundabout has arisen due to budget and time overruns. I can well imagine it was originally to be completed including block paved central roundel etc but in an effort to get this thing over the line they are now claiming it is part of a future ' project...cynical

Congratulations on reading the original plans and the subsequent press articles

Edited by trmpton

3 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

The one thing I like about you is that no matter what form you present yourself in the issues are still front and centre :thumbsup:

As far as the Prom goes, clearly there are a lot of experts in those sorts of projects on here so I'll take their word for it.  I have no reason to visit or use the Prom really at the moment so I'm going to continue avoiding it.   I am however fairly confident that Broadway won't leave me having a hysterical meltdown once I arrive there.

So do you accept the quality of work is substandard?

3 hours ago, NoTail said:

When you look at the bottom of Broadway there are at least 10 manhole covers. Is that really necessary?  Why not put 1 big one in which has access to all the services. 

Yep, they could have put it in the intersection of Broadway and the prom, planted some nice flowers and then allowed traffic to flow round it.  We could call it a, oh I don't know, roundwego or something. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Yep, they could have put it in the intersection of Broadway and the prom, planted some nice flowers and then allowed traffic to flow round it.  We could call it a, oh I don't know, roundwego or something. 

Racist!!!!

• Haha 1

On paper, it's an idea that makes sense, and could've actually been quite a nice and aesthetically pleasing feature.

Yes, there'd be a learning curve, but it may well lead to better traffic management there.

Instead, we got the Dealz approximation where it's been rushed to an end using cheaper, poorly finished materials. It'll be dug up again in short order and we'll be back where we started, just with a big bill to show for it.

• Like 3