Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

Slight derail but roads related.

Nice new jump they have put in for the bikes on Sulby Straight.

40mph on a bike and its quite a hump.  Will be interesting at 190mph.

Not DOI I don't think but a contractor but there really should be better controls on the course 

Edited by trmpton

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

No one in Blackpool knows who he is. No one listens to him there. He’s  feeling lonely. He’s no longer constrained by his employment, so he can make more noise.

Remember the inverse relationship between quantity/volume and worth/value however.

To be fair, nobody over here listens to him either.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

There's no racing on it for another year so I'm not sure it matters right now anyway.

Ah that's ok then.  Rather than do it properly when they closed the road last week, we can just close it agin next year and pay twice for a job that could have just been done properly the first time 

3 hours ago, trmpton said:

Ah that's ok then.  Rather than do it properly when they closed the road last week, we can just close it agin next year and pay twice for a job that could have just been done properly the first time 

hang on - they closed the road to fell some trees, no roadworks have taken place.

3 hours ago, trmpton said:

Got the DOI operating procedure nailed right there. 

18 minutes ago, User Name said:

hang on - they closed the road to fell some trees, no roadworks have taken place.

So when did the big jump in the road outside the new builds going up on the old school site appear?  Wasn’t there last time I went up that way on the bike.

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Sure it wasn't.  Just admit you've jumped to conclusions again.  Not the first time either :rolleyes:

Jumped to conclusions about what.

There is what looks like a service trench gone in at some point and been really badly filled.  I don’t recall it being there the last time I rode up the road.  The most recent time before yesterday I went up there I was diverted off at the pub and back on at Sulby Bridge.

I said in the original post I doubt it was DOI, but whoever it was it will need fixing before the bikes next go down there at speed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Jumped to conclusions about what.

There is what looks like a service trench gone in at some point and been really badly filled.  I don’t recall it being there the last time I rode up the road.  The most recent time before yesterday I went up there I was diverted off at the pub and back on at Sulby Bridge.

I said in the original post I doubt it was DOI, but whoever it was it will need fixing before the bikes next go down there at speed

You were jumping to conclusion which you always do.  Stop pretending otherwise.  It's a load of sheight and you know it 

• Haha 1