Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Newly opened feature?  

Has it been opened ?

I didn't read it, to be honest. Contractor working in my house was laughing and brought it to my attention so I just posted the link. And Mrs Q has just said even Fox News has it covered..!

14 minutes ago, quilp said:

I didn't read it, to be honest. Contractor working in my house was laughing and brought it to my attention so I just posted the link. And Mrs Q has just said even Fox News has it covered..!

It just looks to me like a load of people moaning about something they've literally never used before.  Bizarre.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trmpton said:

Not open as a junction yet though not exactly indicative is it?  When I went through yesterday it was just one lane one way from south end of prom up Broadway between the cones.

Has that changed?

It was a failed attempt at humour. It is one way up Broadway, THROUGH CONES. 

49 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It just looks to me like a load of people moaning about something they've literally never used before.  Bizarre.

Sorry but you might have a point regarding over reaction and maybe it will after its open be okay and not be a problem to use etc but one thing is indefensible is the standard of workmanship on this roundel/roundabout . I'm sorry but its a disgrace and thats before we mention the lines painted on which I cant work out what there purpose is. Mind blowing to think DOI have the world and his wife scrutinising this project and they still cant ensure a acceptable standard of workmanship . Nobody would accept this work on their own property .  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Sorry but you might have a point regarding over reaction and maybe it will after its open be okay and not be a problem to use etc but one thing is indefensible is the standard of workmanship on this roundel/roundabout . I'm sorry but its a disgrace and thats before we mention the lines painted on which I cant work out what there purpose is. Mind blowing to think DOI have the world and his wife scrutinising this project and they still cant ensure a acceptable standard of workmanship . Nobody would accept this work on their own property .  

Agree.  Prepared to give it a go but cant accept the awful workmanship.  If it was our carpark then they wouldn't be getting paid until they put it right

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

The plan is to replace the painted lines with granite slabs at a later date

• Like 1
  • Confused 1