Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

8 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Very true Amadeus, good article.  The only problem I can foresee is the Pelican? crossing bit on the Broadway exit/ approach.

The other 2 roads have those "Is it a Zebra or is it something else" type crossings that pedestrians will cross once they have made sure cars have seen them.

The Pelican/ Toucan/ Albatross/ Sparrow type thing on Broadway will make walkers think they can just crack on because they have a green man to say they can. 

Without the hesitancy that a Zebra creates -- that check by walkers that it is safe to cross -- is where I think the problems/ life changing injuries or deaths will occur.

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

Very true Amadeus, good article.  The only problem I can foresee is the Pelican? crossing bit on the Broadway exit/ approach.

The other 2 roads have those "Is it a Zebra or is it something else" type crossings that pedestrians will cross once they have made sure cars have seen them.

The Pelican/ Toucan/ Albatross/ Sparrow type thing on Broadway will make walkers think they can just crack on because they have a green man to say they can. 

Without the hesitancy that a Zebra creates -- that check by walkers that it is safe to cross -- is where I think the problems/ life changing injuries or deaths will occur.

That seems a bit dramatic.   

Plus someone was recently very seriously injured using  a Zebra crossing .  Means nothing really if drivers are in some sort of trance.

Lot of fuss made about nothing at Broadway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoTail said:

My fuss for what its worth is not the concept.  It's the shoddy ugliness of the result. 

Sure.  That's a different debate.

The overwhelming amount of moaning is simply moaning for absolutely fuck reason because they don't like change.  

The comical thing is the level of tripe coming out when it actually isn't eve  open.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Plus someone was recently very seriously injured using  a Zebra crossing .  Means nothing really if drivers are in some sort of trance.

Just quoting this so I can find it easily when the inevitable injuries start on the Broadway pelitoucan.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Quoting to revisit in 12 months

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kevster said:

~The painted lines will be replaced with granite at a later date

Blocks look nice but are not a good wearing surface where lots of heavy traffic turns on them. They move, become loose and break up.

They are doing so on the promenade already and no traffic is turning on them, North Quay similar

Edited by ellanvannin2010
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Blocks look nice but are not a good wearing surface where lots of heavy traffic turns on them. They move, become loose and break up.

They are doing so on the promenade already and no traffic is turning on them, North Quay similar

The right type of blocks laid on the right type of foundations are really good at heavy traffic.

Look at every big container port built in the last 30 years - All have brick paving at the top surface.

Chinese granite on the other hand............................

• Like 1