Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

5 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I drove over the roundel today.

I didn't even crash into the Villa or anything. I was quite disappointed with the lack of post apocalyptic action there. No people on fire or severed limbs. Not so much as a lynched DoI manager

Ah, but it’s not fully open yet. Go back when the traffic is using it from all directions and you’ll be in hospital within moments 😂

15 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It's a rather odd analogy, and one that will come back and bite him on the backside (arteries blocked etc).

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

The only beating is what Mr Baker's credibility is currently taking, pre-election.

Although the part about the relationship with cars going to change is interesting. Could the promenade's design be looking towards a no car environment, meaning pedestrians, cyclists and trams only, ultimately?

22 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The only beating is what Mr Baker's credibility is currently taking, pre-election.

Although the part about the relationship with cars going to change is interesting. Could the promenade's design be looking towards a no car environment, meaning pedestrians, cyclists and trams only, ultimately?

By the time it is finished cars will be driving themselves anyway, so a lot of the discussions about parking and who has right of way are irrelevenat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I think the quote from Craig Goffin sum up the hysterical and idiotic views of the minority.

He seems scared that people might have to actually concentrate and put some thought into their driving. 🤡 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I think the quote from Craig Goffin sum up the hysterical and idiotic views of the minority.

He seems scared that people might have to actually concentrate and put some thought into their driving. 🤡 

And quite right too.  As I keep on having to point out, it's not the purpose of road design to provide exciting driving for the very best drivers (or those who think they are).  It's so absolute idiots can get from A to B without killing themselves or anyone else. 

Driving is mainly done as an automatic skill, with thinking needed for interactions with other road users, so forcing people to think about how they interact with the road structure as well will actually create more accidents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest news hot from contacts lol apparently on or around 15 July theres going to be 4 temp sets of traffic lights on loch prom area to enable the powers that be to landscape the none existent single line to the Sea Terminal. Apparently also the walkway parking will be gone also. Lets see if my contact is correct as they are usually .  

• Sad 1