Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

1 hour ago, monasqueen said:

Quote from the "MyProm" newsletter 

"The buff oval lines are not driving lanes but a decorative pattern."

:whistling:

Yes, that’s just we need for road safety, more decorative patterns. 

A bit like the heritage trail crossing at Ballacraine. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Latest news hot from contacts lol apparently on or around 15 July theres going to be 4 temp sets of traffic lights on loch prom area to enable the powers that be to landscape the none existent single line to the Sea Terminal. Apparently also the walkway parking will be gone also. Lets see if my contact is correct as they are usually .  

A handful of Hi-Viz chaps and a theodolite on top of the Governor's Bridge roundabout yesterday morning too.

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

A handful of Hi-Viz chaps and a theodolite on top of the Governor's Bridge roundabout yesterday morning too.

Well, expect Roundels to start popping up all over the place. A bit like when we got roundabouts. First there was one. Then they were bloody everywhere.

5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

And quite right too.  As I keep on having to point out, it's not the purpose of road design to provide exciting driving for the very best drivers (or those who think they are).  It's so absolute idiots can get from A to B without killing themselves or anyone else. 

Driving is mainly done as an automatic skill, with thinking needed for interactions with other road users, so forcing people to think about how they interact with the road structure as well will actually create more accidents.

You don't need to "keep pointing it out" (sigh) because any absolute idiot on the road should have the very base driving skills which should mean this Broadway "certain death trap" is actually nothing of the sort.

There are no additional skills required here.  No one needs an advanced skills driving course.  The same people who struggle with the Quarterbridge will no doubt struggle with Broadway.  And their shoe laces.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

You don't need to "keep pointing it out" (sigh) because any absolute idiot on the road should have the very base driving skills which should mean this Broadway "certain death trap" is actually nothing of the sort.

There are no additional skills required here.  No one needs an advanced skills driving course.  The same people who struggle with the Quarterbridge will no doubt struggle with Broadway.  And their shoe laces.

Predictably you've just made my point for me and equally predictably you don't realise it.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

They published them a couple of years ago, got shouted down, but they won't have gone away. It involved extra bridge action. Probably discussed on here at the time, but it was a while ago.

Before the muppets are allowed another bridge they need to learn how to maintain it  and keep it painted . Still annoyed about the Nobles park one and how they allowed it to rust away in places .  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Numbnuts said:

Before the muppets are allowed another bridge they need to learn how to maintain it  and keep it painted . Still annoyed about the Nobles park one and how they allowed it to rust away in places .  

Oh, no, I meant actual governors bridge, they wanted to take the corner of the glen where the top entrance is, extend the whole road. It was a seriously mad plan.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

This post comes to you from the same person who said.  

On 6/13/2021 at 6:33 PM, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I meant to say you are NOT pulling out in front of traffic from the right.  So it makes zero difference to how you handle the situation.  Like any roundabout really.  

Hysterical. 

You couldn't make it up.

On this new junction why cant I pull out on in front of someone coming from my right?  In fact, why cant I at Braddan Bridge or QB?  Are you one of those clowns who comes in from Peel and beeps when he has to slow down because someone coming from Bray Hill to Union Mills pulls in front of them?

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

They published them a couple of years ago, got shouted down, but they won't have gone away. It involved extra bridge action. Probably discussed on here at the time, but it was a while ago.

It's fairly typical that, just as Beamans produce a Report saying that the DoI take on far more projects than they could possibly hope to manage, they decide to ...take on more projects. 

It's not so much that the Department is out of control as they don't even seem to realise what control is.   The only rule seems to be that you can do whatever you want and the Treasury will keep on paying and the politicians keep on justifying.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, trmpton said:

This post comes to you from the same person who said.  

You couldn't make it up.

On this new junction why cant I pull out on in front of someone coming from my right?  In fact, why cant I at Braddan Bridge or QB?  Are you one of those clowns who comes in from Peel and beeps when he has to slow down because someone coming from Bray Hill to Union Mills pulls in front of them?

You're weird.   Nothing changes.  Don't you get tired of the same mental stuff literally every single day? It's sheight.