Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

41 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Well why does the top one get a laughing face?

If you think that is funny it kind of backs up what I was saying, that you don’t really understand the rules of the road, which you have made pretty obvious in a few posts now.

What was funny about the post at the top?

I understand the rules of the road perfectly well.  Which is why I won't be having a hysterical meltdown about the bottom of Broadway.  It's really odd behaviour you exhibit and, surprisingly, this has been highlighted  here before across your many vile creations.

Edited by The Dog's Dangly Bits
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

You did that on purpose, just to get the reaction

But you tell porkies and exaggerate constantly. I don't believe for one minute that you have a wife and kids, or have "places to go people to meet" here, and the uk too, apparently. All day every day you carpet bomb this forum with your repetitive dirge, how do you have time for normalcy? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, quilp said:

But you tell porkies and exaggerate constantly. I don't believe for one minute that you have a wife and kids, or have "places to go people to meet" here, and the uk too, apparently. All day every day you carpet bomb this forum with your repetitive dirge, how do you have time for normalcy? 

To be fair quilt, he’s not the only one

26 minutes ago, quilp said:

It really isn’t that hard to have a phone in your pocket these days.

I work all over the island in other peoples houses, which means I spend quite a bit of time in between appointments. I believe it to be rude to turn up at a clients house before the agreed time so I am often sat in the van for 10 or 15 minutes before the next job.

Why is it hard to believe I have a wife and kids? That is just weird.

Sbe is not long home from work and chilling downstairs and the kids are in bed.

Give me an example of a porkie? There haven’t been any.

Edited by trmpton

4 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

can anyone stop this idiocy?

Yes, I could delete all the negative comments…

Or were you asking something different?

The idiocy is all the whingeing before it’s finished.

I travel lots in normal times. Lots of driving. I’ve never met a new road layout I’ve not been able to cope with, even when driving on the “wrong side”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

John, how would that help? Would it speed up the process, would it stop us being a laughing stock, would it create a situation where we would have an easily used road with enough parking? Oh sorry, you were being funny, it's early and I haven't had my cuppa yet.

Edited by doc.fixit
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

John, how would that help? Would it speed up the process, would it stop us being a laughing stock, would it create a situation where we would have an easily used road with enough parking? Oh sorry, you were being funny, it's early and I haven't had my cuppa yet.

It’s going to happen. It’s been shown in the sketches, artists impressions, plans, for upwards of 5 years. It won’t be changed. Get used to it. 

What makes us a laughing stock is all the moaning about something that’s not finished and no one has used.

I don’t like some of the things I see on the prom, but I’m mature enough to wait and see. Anything has to be an improvement. There were too many cars driving and parking along it. It’s a sea front attraction. Not a motorway and car park.

Is your opinion of your driving ability so low that you think you can’t cope? Re-test required.

I saw Eric Corkish, the mobility scooters on buses accessibility campaigner, had been filming himself on the prom on his scooter. Complaining.

As I say, unfinished. It’ll be much better than it was in terms of accessibility, dropped kerbs and smooth surface. His main complaints were uneven level in areas not yet completed, and his way being blocked by temporary fencing off of the areas where work is still underway. 

Just wait. Stop the premature interjections.

• Like 2

In theory and in abstract it should work, of course. We can all understand that. But it assumes all drivers are rational and sensible human beings; standardised; acting selflessly with a concern for other drivers, the rules of the road, and what works.

When was that ever the case ? There's good and bad driving and you can see it everyday.     

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, asitis said:

As much as I don't give a toss about the damn thing and don't see an issue for me personally, is it a legal road marking under the Road Traffic Act ? that could be a can of worms in the event of an unfortunate incident ?

It’s a shared space. They aren’t required. It’s compliant, whatever Delboy Flinty says.

Hopefully the whole prom will get a 20, or even better 15mph limit.