Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

3 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Tynwald approved the scheme. Well, there's an election coming up but I don't expect that to make any difference!!!

Should the DoI have kept an eye on the way things were proceeding> Yes, they should have looked at what was wrong and gone back to Tynwald.

So who's fault was it? Got to be DoI for not looking again at the origional scheme, to iron out the excesses, but we have abunch of people who have made their derisions and are not willing to admit that they were wrong and look again at the mess they have made.

This reluctance to admit an error happens time and again in public and private enterprise, when it's the shareholders loss, we are not too concerned but when a public purse loss then we are naturally concerned even if we can't remember our MHK voting for it?  So don't expect Sept to make any difference in that!

It boils down to who is going to admit to being wrong? Nobody !!!

Ok , I was wrong.

10 hours ago, finlo said:

As I have said before government here at won't ever employ anyone competent/intelligent as it would just highlight their own failings/inadequacy.

We know you've said it before and it was a stupid thing to say then.  It is still stupid now.

Plenty of very bright people working for government.   Plenty of people doing fine. And a good few that could do a lot better.  Exactly like it is in most private companies of any reasonable size.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 9:23 AM, John Wright said:

What do you think the average speed on the prom actually is? Driving to road and traffic conditions mean that no one should exceed 20 on the prom. Might as well formalise it.

It shouldn’t be used as a major thorough fare. 

It is a major thorough fare though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

We know you've said it before and it was a stupid thing to say then.  It is still stupid now.

Plenty of very bright people working for government.   Plenty of people doing fine. And a good few that could do a lot better.  Exactly like it is in most private companies of any reasonable size.

I can express my opinion and that may differ from any or everyone else's. I can accept that.

But I expressed a matter of simple fact that I have first hand knowledge of. Please accept that.

11 minutes ago, skins said:

So who had “before the end of June” in the sweep for digging up again?!!

16FB5AB3-A91F-4841-B7FD-F63CEE8AF770.jpeg

This will be just the first of many sadly as time takes its toll. In this case around 6 months and a epic fail. Roundel at bottom of Broadway must be lined up to be done in th next few months too as already starting to break up and its only open to one way traffic currently.  

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I hear 3 sets of temp light going to be on prom shortly, that will raise @AlanShimmin blood pressure.

No mention in the press release of the repairs to the Regent Street crossing being at no cost to the taxpayer, maybe does not apply when the DOI do the work.

37 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Yes posted this a week ago but I'd heard its 4 sets and will be in place by 15 July ...Joy !!! 

How can such a short section of road have so many temporary lights?

Are you counting the ones up at Port Jack and the MER sheds?

On 6/23/2021 at 5:36 PM, Numbnuts said:

This will be just the first of many sadly as time takes its toll. In this case around 6 months and a epic fail. Roundel at bottom of Broadway must be lined up to be done in th next few months too as already starting to break up and its only open to one way traffic currently.  

It's not breaking up.....its shedding😀

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2021 at 5:36 PM, Numbnuts said:

Thought the Vulvabout would have stood up to a bit more of a pounding....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

No mention in the press release of the repairs to the Regent Street crossing

The post said they're 'working' on the crossing which doesn't necessarily  mean repairs. I'll wait until I see what they do

1 hour ago, AlanShimmin said:

How can such a short section of road have so many temporary lights?

Are you counting the ones up at Port Jack and the MER sheds?

What I was told from a good source is its 4 sets on Loch Prom alone while they landscape the area destined to be the rail track. I'm assuming it might mean from around the Sefton area through to short of Jubilee clock .Apparently the prom walkway is being closed due to needing area for drawing materials from. Yes I know seems a overkill but apparently thats whats happening . 

Edited by Numbnuts