Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

21 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Unless they mean the DOI do not know if their engineers are qualified or not.

That’s how I read it, so if someone has said they have qualifications for the role, they would need to prove this by way of certification, otherwise they would be considered unverified.

It begs the questions, How can these people be in post and managing projects (potentially involving huge sums of public money) if their qualification to do such is unknown? Does the DOI itself know of this?

Has it got to the stage where the acknowledged endless Govt job creation is begetting posts that have to be filled regardless of any qualification to do so?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Its a strange comment for a professional outfit like Beamans to make.

How can they have an 'unknown' number of engineers. Unless they mean the DOI do not know if their engineers are qualified or not.

It's fairly obvious that Beamans did their whole report remotely and by interviewing a very limited range of people, just civil servants and politicians, with the only 'outsiders' being two union reps and with no outside experts.  So they would had no way of getting additional information beyond what they were told.  So presumably no one at the DoI (or Treasury or HR) knows either or if they did they gave different answers.  presumably they've got people they are paying as contractors but they've got no idea what they are doing or what qualifications they have.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Pools of water sitting by the crossings on Broadway as well, these are supposed to be the finished levels. 

Water also was collecting in the bullseye of the roundel. 

Keeps the dust down, it was planned that way.........................

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

So this repair work of substandard work then? 

76155CEE-3A91-4EE3-B8DB-CA0B2ED03FF2.jpeg

Lifted the paving and have broken up the concrete sub base I'd say . Must be a issue below in blinding or the likes . Def not a repair but a re build and lay .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Lifted the paving and have broken up the concrete sub base I'd say . Must be a issue below in blinding or the likes . Def not a repair but a re build and lay .

the fact it needs re-doing at all within this timescale is the problem

Edited by WTF
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Looks like paving laid directly on concrete to me.

When was that ever done without 2" sand?

2 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Agree I always thought the spec was 2" sand. But around church road area there laying on tarmac build up. Really dont get it ! No sand there either . 

12 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Does sand provide a firm enough base for the heavy traffic that the prom gets?

The paving by the Sefton seems to be getting laid on all sorts of crap sub surfaces and seems to have lots of distance before any drains

24 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Agree I always thought the spec was 2" sand. But around church road area there laying on tarmac build up. Really dont get it ! No sand there either . 

Brick paving is a "flexible" surface BUT it is super strong if laid correctly. Most shipping container handling docks have it for that quality.

It can be laid over hardcore, concrete, tarmac or any other strong foundation as long as there is a even 2" of compacted sand between it and the sub base/  foundation .

This looks like it was laid directly on the concrete which is very wrong.

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 1