Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

I thought I had seen everything regarding the My Prom  works team , today I saw an vibratory road roller weighing several tons being driven along Castle street over the recently completed paved  work ,and yes you have guessed  several slabs chipped or broken , they will never be finished at this rate ! 

Is this for the reopening of the Promenade ceremony? 

If so, apart from the Bee Gees whose name (s) is also on the plaque. ? Baker ? Quayle or, just for a change, reference to the people who actually paid for the promenade refurbishment and put up with all the problems - the island's people.

Would be nice to be recognised for a change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/5/2021 at 6:50 PM, Annoymouse said:

The speed humps do work, lots of drivers/pedestrians use them as informal crossings, it’s also handy when you look to cross the road, you know you’ve plenty of time as they have no choice but to slow down to a crawl to negotiate them. 

As a driver though I hate going over them, it’s a first gear crawl for me and it still lightly catches the undertray, there was also a lot more parking with the old layout, particularly around the Chemist/Spar/new post office area.

Agreed yes, speed bumps they work a treat, you can take off Dukes of Hazard style if you hit them at a fast enough speed! 

11 minutes ago, Twitch said:

Mark Cavendish MBE

David Ashford MBE

One post sums up a good chunk of what is wrong with the world.

Ashford MBE FFS.  Anyone with any humility in his position would have refused it.

Cav however is an absolute inspiration  to everyone on the island.  To come back to where is is now is mind blowing and I never thought he would do it.

Achieved greatness already, but if he manages to get to the end that will be another huge achievement.

If. Between now and then he manages to win a couple more a get the green jersey it would be one of the best comebacks I can think of.  Up there with Niki Lauda, Herman Maier and Alex Zanadrdi.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, oooohtony said:

Between now and then he manages to win a couple more a get the green jersey it would be one of the best comebacks I can think of.  Up there with Niki Lauda, Herman Maier and Alex Zanadrdi.

And Donald Gelling

• Haha 5