Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

Re-opening Broadway slips from July 15th to mid-August.

Also a massively overcomplicated and inconvenient plan for applying the top layer of tarmac.

7 weeks 

Reversing direction of Walpole Avenue

Access only through Victoria Street.

https://www.myprom.im/updates/traffic-management/12-august-2021-changes-

How do they make it such a pain  in the arse?

Edited by AlanShimmin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Re-opening Broadway slips from July 15th to mid-August.

Also a massively overcomplicated and inconvenient plan for applying the top layer of tarmac.

https://www.myprom.im/updates/traffic-management/12-august-2021-changes-

Those temp traffic lights have took awhile to be 'officially' mentioned .I along with others had mentioned this plan a few weeks ago.  I'm thinking there behind already on the revised date of end of September which wouldnt surprise me in the slightest. A friend who I've mentioned before on here had a massive bust up with DOI over the last few days over the complete lack of progress in front of his premises . TBH he has been incredibly patient , up to now , over the inconvenience and loss of takings. I know I for sure would have flipped ages ago especially as I know how much turnover hes been losing . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

On 7/13/2021 at 1:18 PM, Amadeus said:

The next masterpiece has been completed. 

94543351-EC9B-4106-8FE5-256C1C2CC1F5.jpeg

15B9BFCA-9D6D-4383-91BF-92A2C09AC272.jpeg

From Indy, 15th July...the markings aren't actually traffic markings, they're just decorative.

20210716_104506.jpg

On 7/14/2021 at 8:55 PM, AlanShimmin said:

Possibly but seemed like the European lads - especially judging by the amount of work that actually got done. 

Granville street and around there  is DOI taking it over now after Bakers generous offer last week . Told yesterday .

Edited by Numbnuts

Nice to see them redoing the block work at bottom of Broadway today.  It did wobble when you walked in it so fair enough.

Shame to see the tourists coming from the boat along the walkway opposite villa with their suitcases and no idea why they were walking into oncoming traffic or where they were meant to be instead though.

Nice people.  They jumped in the back of the car and I took them to the Palace.

Felt sorry for them having to contend with the prom.  Felt even more sorry for them when they told me where they were staying.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Nice to see them redoing the block work at bottom of Broadway today.  It did wobble when you walked in it so fair enough.

Shame to see the tourists coming from the boat along the walkway opposite villa with their suitcases and no idea why they were walking into oncoming traffic or where they were meant to be instead though.

Nice people.  They jumped in the back of the car and I took them to the Palace.

Felt sorry for them having to contend with the prom.  Felt even more sorry for them when they told me where they were staying.

Nice one , good deed done for the day . Yes its embarrassing really and then theres where they are staying . 

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Apparently another crossing is getting dug up . The one outside Sam Webbs is breaking up already caused by big plant and lorries. Is that 100% failure now of pedestrian crossing and the roads are not close to being fully open and utilised .   

The block work walkway in front of the villa arcade has many loose blocks and a distinct lip where it joins the existing blocks or changes from the rectangular blocks to the new square blocks.

I wonder at the sense of putting filler strips of block that are less than an inch wide, surely they will either work loose or snap or both.

3 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

The block work walkway in front of the villa arcade has many loose blocks and a distinct lip where it joins the existing blocks or changes from the rectangular blocks to the new square blocks.

I wonder at the sense of putting filler strips of block that are less than an inch wide, surely they will either work loose or snap or both.

If they are laid on sand they will just break then work loose 

Edited by Numbnuts