Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

12 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

To go back and install rails in that narrow corridor would mean, at least 24/ 7 traffic lights or a one way and it would cause lots of damage to the new kerbs and tarmac.

Never gonna happen.

Precisely why it will happen. Probably.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

As I mentioned the other week the crossing outside Sam Webbs was to be lifted . Started today . Thats every crossing now I believe has been lifted at least once . Lessons have been learned ?!! Clearly not .

IMG_1366.JPG

Yes it is quite unbelievable how continue to make the same mistakes.  I wonder if this one was being laid when the first Loch Prom one was being re-laid.  It would not surprise in the least.  You have to wonder who is instructing them to redo the work and where was that person(s) when they were being originally put down.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Yes it is quite unbelievable how continue to make the same mistakes.  I wonder if this one was being laid when the first Loch Prom one was being re-laid.  It would not surprise in the least.  You have to wonder who is instructing them to redo the work and where was that person(s) when they were being originally put down.

I'm pretty sure this has been down ages despite the road being closed. I'm also sure while the picture shows the blocks been lifted I'm pretty sure the granite sets either side of the crossing are faulty too . Watch this space ! 

Braddan School work are not really causing much inconvenience yet !

1 day they managed before realising it was causing mayhem.  Idiots.  Anyone with a brain could see it coming a mile off (in fact you still can, as that is when you hit the queues at busy times yesterday and today)

"

Braddan Road - Having monitored the traffic flows along Strang Road and with the request of the Police, it has become necessary to
make Strang Road one-way from Strang roundabout down to the junction with the main Peel to Douglas Road, at Union Mills.
The one way restriction will only apply for as long as as is strictly necessary . It will be in place from 3.30 pm 27th July 2021 until no later than 6 am on Thursday 2nd September.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation whilst these works are being carried out.

3 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Braddan School work are not really causing much inconvenience yet !

1 day they managed before realising it was causing mayhem.  Idiots.  Anyone with a brain could see it coming a mile off (in fact you still can, as that is when you hit the queues at busy times yesterday and today)

"

Braddan Road - Having monitored the traffic flows along Strang Road and with the request of the Police, it has become necessary to
make Strang Road one-way from Strang roundabout down to the junction with the main Peel to Douglas Road, at Union Mills.
The one way restriction will only apply for as long as as is strictly necessary . It will be in place from 3.30 pm 27th July 2021 until no later than 6 am on Thursday 2nd September.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation whilst these works are being carried out.

Make a note of the finish date 2nd September !!! Yeah right ! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

The bypass roundabout at Ballasalla was supposed to be finished by 16th July I think, went past yesterday and nothing much seems to have changed from weeks ago.

The red/pink/red concrete on the prom around those granite obelisks at Broadway has cracks in it now I noticed today

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

I went past it today, they seem to be taking a fairly deep plane off, maybe 5 or 6 inches deep in places. Everything had stopped at that time, it looked like a wagon was away dumping the planings maybe.