Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

23 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

I was literally just going to say this. I'm going for 24th September. 

32nd of gooseberry.  Three squiggles after the prom but four hefferflump years before Pulrose Bridge, and a mere snuggethwack before Richmond hill is done.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 7:34 AM, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Yes.  I should have stated one way.

The point still stands though.  Any moaning about the traffic implications is clearly being done by people who don't use the routes.

Oh look...again...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

As I mentioned the other week the crossing outside Sam Webbs was to be lifted . Started today . Thats every crossing now I believe has been lifted at least once . Lessons have been learned ?!! Clearly not .

IMG_1366.JPG

How f*cking heavy is a brick pavior that you need a mechanical excavator to lift them up, or is that to level the sand beneath it. Not a single hand tool in sight, like  a level, a mallet or a spade. Not even an attempt to stack the bricks and two men to watch? You can tell it's only public money eh?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

How f*cking heavy is a brick pavior that you need a mechanical excavator to lift them up, or is that to level the sand beneath it. Not a single hand tool in sight, like  a level, a mallet or a spade. Not even an attempt to stack the bricks and two men to watch? You can tell it's only public money eh?

Exactly 

8 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

two men to watch?

Excuse me, but in todays health and safety regime, One banks man, a banksman for the banksman, to the side I would expect a health and safety  liaison officer, two foremen, a DOI works inspector and his manager, if anything there are not enough people to carry out this procedure. Tim Baker is right, this job has taken so long because of labour shortage.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Excuse me, but in todays health and safety regime, One banks man, a banksman for the banksman, to the side I would expect a health and safety  liaison officer, two foremen, a DOI works inspector and his manager, if anything there are not enough people to carry out this procedure. Tim Baker is right, this job has taken so long because of labour shortage.

You missed out Tim Baker in the background doing an interview with Paul Moulton to justify the latest cost/time/scope/smashing seagulls with a digger/general slippage.

1 hour ago, AlanShimmin said:

You missed out Tim Baker in the background doing an interview with Paul Moulton to justify the latest cost/time/scope/smashing seagulls with a digger/general slippage.

“Because you don’t understand it”

”Social media doesn’t understand it”

🙈🤣

Edited by skins
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

This is a very good point.

I am all for being lazy and using machinery when needed but surely in this instance that job could be done much more quickly and with less damage to the bricks which can presumably be re used if the blokes in the photo just used hand tools?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

This is a very good point.

I am all for being lazy and using machinery when needed but surely in this instance that job could be done much more quickly and with less damage to the bricks which can presumably be re used if the blokes in the photo just used hand tools?

Probably couldn't get up again if they knelt down #Beerguts

• Haha 2