Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

4 hours ago, Banker said:

Has there been any investigation into the tragic death in that crossing & whether the crossing was a contributory factor?

i think i remember reading / hearing a while back that the driver of the vehicle was being prosecuted for something or other,  not sure what but the 'crossing'  is in a speed limit,  maybe JW can shed some light and tell us it is all subjudice at the same time ??

24 minutes ago, WTF said:

i think i remember reading / hearing a while back that the driver of the vehicle was being prosecuted for something or other,  not sure what but the 'crossing'  is in a speed limit,  maybe JW can shed some light and tell us it is all subjudice at the same time ??

I’m not aware of either an inquest or a criminal trial having  been held, yet. If there are charges then it’s sub judice.

• Thanks 1

the TT course is the single reason there will never ever be a working program of proper road,cycle,horse,public transport network infrastructure improvements.

While the TT is still being run it is classed as untouchable if it effects racing, (unless it drops the lap records by a few seconds so we can claim to be the fastest race again that is).

its absolute fucking lunacy that nothing can get done if it comes anywhere near that road, the state of glencrutchery road at the moment with its (not MGP pit lane exit markings)bus lane i wouldn't like to ride a bike on a mildly moist day let alone at anything approaching race speeds.

IMHO the course in its current state is not fit for racing of any standard and if the CoC passes it then i hope his liability insurance is paid up.

But hey we all know they will magic up a shitload of money and an uncountable crew to repair it come March/April time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just reading the My Prom Management meeting minutes and not surprisingly they still haven't  a solution for the cracked red concrete . To be fair the minutes relate to the end of June but nothings happened yet with regard to remedial works to that area so there leaving it very late to sort it out. So the latest finish date is for sure not happening . Last press release was end of September plus 4 weeks remedial works . The red concrete will take at least 4 weeks unless they have some magical solution which I doubt . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Just reading the My Prom Management meeting minutes and not surprisingly they still hadn't a solution for the cracked red concrete .

There is only one solution, they already know it, and are trying hard to avoid having to say it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

There is only one solution, they already know it, and are trying hard to avoid having to say it.

Agree , theres only one way I can think of doing it but I'm not blessed with the superior !! knowledge of the brains trust at DOI . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

7 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Agree , theres only one way I can think of doing it but I'm not blessed with the superior !! knowledge of the brains trust at DOI . 

I would have thought that the red Tarmacadam, which has been used elsewhere, would have been the best solution, from the start? 

• Like 2

I think what they replace it with , and I agree red tarmac would be the best solution , is the least of the problems. Getting there means ripping up all the existing red concrete and we all know thats not going to go down well. Hence I think why there fudging around with the solution. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I think what they replace it with , and I agree red tarmac would be the best solution , is the least of the problems. Getting there means ripping up all the existing red concrete and we all know thats not going to go down well. Hence I think why there fudging around with the solution. 

What's the betting they blame the weather now....

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, The Chief said:

the TT course is the single reason there will never ever be a working program of proper road,cycle,horse,public transport network infrastructure improvements.

While the TT is still being run it is classed as untouchable if it effects racing, (unless it drops the lap records by a few seconds so we can claim to be the fastest race again that is).

its absolute fucking lunacy that nothing can get done if it comes anywhere near that road, the state of glencrutchery road at the moment with its (not MGP pit lane exit markings)bus lane i wouldn't like to ride a bike on a mildly moist day let alone at anything approaching race speeds.

IMHO the course in its current state is not fit for racing of any standard and if the CoC passes it then i hope his liability insurance is paid up.

But hey we all know they will magic up a shitload of money and an uncountable crew to repair it come March/April time.

the island has a lot more road infrastructure than  37.? miles , when they have done the rest they can start on the last 37.?  but lets face it, they can't even manage to do a mile a year on the prom so i suspect the TT is safe for quite a while yet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Just reading the My Prom Management meeting minutes and not surprisingly they still haven't  a solution for the cracked red concrete . To be fair the minutes relate to the end of June but nothings happened yet with regard to remedial works to that area so there leaving it very late to sort it out. So the latest finish date is for sure not happening . Last press release was end of September plus 4 weeks remedial works . The red concrete will take at least 4 weeks unless they have some magical solution which I doubt . 

If you go back over the previous minutes, over many months, Burroughs always promises a solution 'by the end of the week/month/next meeting', but TB, NB or JR never called him out. They're all useless.

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 2