Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

A more likely objection is that it probably cost more to produce the ad on the back window than was received in income for it.  For many years there has been an intermittent campaign by Bus Vannin to sell ads on buses to show how 'commercial' they are, but it never really takes off and most of the ads are government funded when you look at them.  But as ever the purpose isn't to make money but to demonstrate the virtues of those running the service.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

https://imgix.ranker.com/user_node_img/50069/1001363834/original/bastian-and-_39_s-struggle-to-save-fantasia-stems-from-his-fear-of-speaking-his-mother_s-na-photo-u1?w=650&q=50&fm=pjpg&fit=crop&crop=faces

Bastian Balthazar Bux realises Douglas Promenade has become The Neverending Story and the public and business owners are slowly sinking into the Swamp of Sadness.

Hey, I made the never ending story joke first! 

E18C99E5-1492-4B23-BEDD-88A108A30390.jpeg

• Like 1

We have fallen behind on a few projects at work lately due to others involved being late with their bit or delayed supply of materials.

So today me and some of the others have been out and about trying to catch up and minimise the inconvenience to customers.

Imagine my surprise to drive along the horribly delayed and under much scrutiny prom scheme on a nice, dry sunny day with no storms or rain to slow things down when they could be making back some of the delays without inconvenience to commuters to find stuff all going on.

2 workers spotted, neither doing anything.

Come on.  At least make an effort to be seen to be doing something to sort it out.

Half our company gave up their Sunday to try and get back on track today from delays that weren’t even our fault.  Not getting paid either.  Just out of loyalty to the company and the clients.

Its what you do when things are behind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

We have fallen behind on a few projects at work lately due to others involved being late with their bit or delayed supply of materials.

So today me and some of the others have been out and about trying to catch up and minimise the inconvenience to customers.

Imagine my surprise to drive along the horribly delayed and under much scrutiny prom scheme on a nice, dry sunny day with no storms or rain to slow things down when they could be making back some of the delays without inconvenience to commuters to find stuff all going on.

Come on.  At least make an effort to be seen to be doing something to sort it out.

Half our company gave up their Sunday to try and get back on track today from delays that weren’t even our fault.  Not getting paid either.  Just out of loyalty to the company and the clients.

I think you work in the private sector. In the public sector things don't work like that. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

No one at Braddan school road project or I suspect Richmond hill or any other DOI projects!!

2 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Unlike you and your co workers they dont give a toss ! Your right theres no excuse but respect to you guys trying to catch up and thinking of customers and clients . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kopek said:

WE don't want you Ramsey Boys clogging up 'Our' prom with your smoky diesel Transits. Probably fighting and biting peoples ears off!!!

You stay in Ramsey where you belong !!!

BMW 330e touring actually.  Not had it long and it’s bloody ace.

Shame the DOI are trying to destroy it every time I drive it.

Thanks to the people of Douglas and the rest of the island for helping me buy it 😉