Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

11 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

It is quite unusual. To what problem is it purporting to be the solution? I'm not getting it. 

Aggressive driving where idiots just plough on because they have “right of way”

For example.  When you pull off to turn towards Douglas from Braddan Church and some idiot comes from behind the white line on your right and beeps at you, because he thinks “give way to the right” overrides the other rules of the road.

This is a much better concept that would work in the same way as the traffic normally flows better when traffic lights are out.  If only they hadn’t made it look a bit like a roundabout to confuse people

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

It is quite unusual. To what problem is it purporting to be the solution? I'm not getting it. 

I'm with you on this . What have they achieved by this dreamt up concoction. Has it made the travel on the prom easier and safer ?. Is it causing confusion or is it easy to understand and travel through. Maybe we are all being super negative on it after all the cock ups but personally theres more questions than answers which will rear its head regularly when we have a influx of visitors. I can say I really dont get the crossing set on the 'shared space' on Broadway . That is just wrong .   

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

I must admit I feel sorry for anyone with a business on the prom or highstreet who is losing out this week, which lets face is it is the end of the summer season and the long slow shuffle to Christmas. Especailly as the weather turns autumnal.

If I was one for conspiracies (which I'm not, as human greed, incompetence and hubris are perfectly good explanations for most of these farces) I'd be asking if anyone from Braddan Commisoners had a hand in this.   

I wonder what the next governments folly will be? Rebuilding the Sea Cruise Ship Terminal, Braddan Bridge flyover, an Olympic Velodrome... 

7 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

Massively unsuitable choice of junction for such a busy route

And this is without horse trams and/or hundreds of bikers.

Good news, is it probably big enough to land a helicopter....

(Edit: ]

Unless of course the accident is on the roundel doh!

Or should that be 'DOI !'  rhymes with boy.

faked.jpg

Edited by CallMeCurious
  • Like 1

Braddan school road is supposed to be finished Monday, 5 weeks after start. The whole stretch is still dug up to about 18 inches deep with no pavement, nobody working.

probably get announcement next Tuesday saying 2/3 weeks delay, should be chaos when school starts if not finished!!

The lane nearest the school is done and reopened to allow traffic through whilst they get on with the other side? They've widened and enlarged the school carpark entrance splays to form a bus stop with new kerbs and were putting power to the crossing points this morning at 10am. There have been a number of periods with no-one on site though

15 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The lane nearest the school is done and reopened to allow traffic through whilst they get on with the other side? They've widened and enlarged the school carpark entrance splays to form a bus stop with new kerbs and were putting power to the crossing points this morning at 10am. There have been a number of periods with no-one on site though

Probably dragged down the the prom screaming and kicking.... much like the kids going back to school next week.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

It won’t be open on schedule which is Monday according to signs, publications etc. deserted at 1pm when I drove through.