Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

When I have been in his presence he comes across to me as an insignificant figure who you would not notice in a room and would command no respect or fear from his peers. 

That’s why he shouts & rants when questioned in Tynwald 

Cant see how Bakers not going to have to face the music very soon as theres no way the Prom is going to be finished end of September. I agree with Banker and think he doesnt want to harm his election efforts. Personally its too late , damage is already done but I live along way from his area.

• Like 1

The good people of Ayre and Michael will decide his fate, it may be that he's been a good constituency MHK in which case he may get back in. But if not, the Prom will certainly be his epitaph.

It will also be interesting to see what Peelites decide about Ray Harmer's similar association with the Prom.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Cant see how Bakers not going to have to face the music very soon as theres no way the Prom is going to be finished end of September. I agree with Banker and think he doesnt want to harm his election efforts. Personally its too late , damage is already done but I live along way from his area.

He needs to come clean about the fact there's going to be 6+ months of work to break out the concrete and then replace if either with tarmac or other concrete.

9 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Well his constituency couldn't be any further from the prom I guess. But his obvious incompetence should hopefully give the voters pause at least.

30 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

That announcement is embargoed until 20.01 on 23rd September. 

Thats probably correct . And I dont see the red concrete works happening in the next 12 months tbh. Current works plus snagging will take them to the New Year and they already have put off the TT course works till March so its not going to happen till after next years summer season . Also the businesses down there have had enough .

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

I live in his constituency and don't know anyone who will vote for him this time round. My contacts might be unrepresentative, of course..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Thats probably correct . And I dont see the red concrete works happening in the next 12 months tbh. Current works plus snagging will take them to the New Year and they already have put off the TT course works till March so its not going to happen till after next years summer season . Also the businesses down there have had enough .

Baker is hoping if he gets in that DOI will go to someone else, he probably fancies Treasury as he thinks he’s good with figures!!

4 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Confirmed by police this morning they are not to be treated as roundabouts.

Anybody with a brain knew that, but it appears lots didn’t, probably because the DOI were telling people to treat them as roundabouts 

Have the Police clarified exactly what they are ? and what rules apply to them ? serious question as sure as shit an insurance company is going to ask !

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Confirmed by police this morning they are not to be treated as roundabouts.

Anybody with a brain knew that, but it appears lots didn’t, probably because the DOI were telling people to treat them as roundabouts 

They will end up being roundabouts. They put them there to save money rather than build roundabouts. The people will revolt. Crashes will happen. Roundabouts will be built using next year's budget when available. 

• Thanks 2