Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

17 minutes ago, yorik said:

Ah, but only if your registration number is even, if it's odd it's the other way round

Does this apply to the angled parking, too? From the above photos, it appears that the car on the right, which reversed in, has an even number, and the one next to it, which has driven straight in, has an odd number.

(I'm sure that the signs tell you to reverse in, though)

33 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

They need to give the MyProm social media manager a break. They seem to be losing their heads, blocking people and giving curt replies. 

That's just bonkers.  If you're a public information service, blocking people is the opposite of what you should be doing - you want to get the information out to as many people as possible.  And you're supposed to be professional and courteous because that is literally what you are paid to do

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's just bonkers.  If you're a public information service, blocking people is the opposite of what you should be doing - you want to get the information out to as many people as possible.  And you're supposed to be professional and courteous because that is literally what you are paid to do

To be fair, that site and the DOI main site have a lot of nutters making random comments. 

I really don't know why they even allow comments, they are on a hiding to nothing as no matter what anyone posts they cant reply properly, no wonder they block people.

For example, if someone said the Prom Roundals were really a gateway to hell that God created to punish the sinners that drive polluting cars AND they are proof that the earth is flat...................... 

They could not exactly say Fu*k off you mentalist and get help...........................All they could say would be nothing, so why bother.

A site that stated what and when things are happening would be better with NO OPTION TO COMMENT.

I really think the MyProm team deserve MBE or OBE a lot more than the clowns that got them for Covid!

It depend. If someone becomes vexatious or insulting I think it's OK for organisations to block them.

Genuine queries should not be blocked.

I see the KM crossing has now acquired the standard white lines and zig-zag markings. Which is the only thing fortunately that defines it, as the red tarmac is now darkening and blending in with the surrounding grey.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I really don't know why they even allow comments, they are on a hiding to nothing as no matter what anyone posts they cant reply properly, no wonder they block people.

They allow comments because that's part of what they should be doing - communicating with the public, who will have queries that need answering and comments that could inform what is done.  Even incorrect comments can be helpful because they show that people don't understand something, so communication may need to be improved.

• Like 2

Just walked along promenade & it’s looking better than a few weeks ago but still lots to do.

On the loch promenade part, there now seems to be a 2m stretch between sunken gardens walls & pavement which has has soil on, what’s the purpose of this , grassed areas, flowers, dog toilet?

Just now, Banker said:

Just walked along promenade & it’s looking better than a few weeks ago but still lots to do.

On the loch promenade part, there now seems to be a 2m stretch between sunken gardens walls & pavement which has has soil on, what’s the purpose of this , grassed areas, flowers, dog toilet?

I think it was meant to have flowers/grass in to make it all pretty for the summer when the project was meant to finish in June.

Nobody has bothered to change things with the delay to Spetemberso it will just be mud/weeds/litter until they dig it up again to put the tram lines in.

3 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I think it was meant to have flowers/grass in to make it all pretty for the summer when the project was meant to finish in June.

Nobody has bothered to change things with the delay to Spetemberso it will just be mud/weeds/litter until they dig it up again to put the tram lines in.

They'll probably still go ahead and plant all the seeds for the summery flowers and wonder why they don't pop up.  Probably blame covid. 

46 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Didn’t realize the tram lines were going there, can’t see that happening anyway 

They allow comments because that's part of what they should be doing - communicating with the public, who will have queries that need answering and comments that could inform what is done.  Even incorrect comments can be helpful because they show that people don't understand something, so communication may need to be improved.

Telling the public what they are doing is fine. They should be doing that BUT.............................

Letting every mentalist post abuse, nonsense, etc etc is not.

That's what I am getting at. 

Look at the nutters on here, myself included, we should not be allowed to post on the MyProm site 🙂

• Haha 1