Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

10 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

You really think he cares !!?? 

He should do...we've got a multi-million pound "improvement" project, engineered around a "shared space" ethos.

Which is rapidly proving to be full of hazards for all the groups who are intended to share it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

He should do...we've got a multi-million pound "improvement" project, engineered around a "shared space" ethos.

Which is rapidly proving to be full of hazards for all the groups who are intended to share it?

He should your right but all thing's considered all he's bothered about is staying on the gravy train . Something he could have done if he had got a grip of his department , been honest and faced up to the issues. Currently he's a few weeks late in making the announcement that we all know he's going to have to make with the new completion date . One side of me says he's delaying it so it doesnt effect his election chances , the other side of me thinks the same. He doesnt care about the people who pay his and his departments salaries . No time for him and for a bible basher he tells too many lies . 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Currently he's a few weeks late in making the announcement that we all know he's going to have to make with the new completion date . One side of me says he's delaying it so it doesnt effect his election chances , the other side of me thinks the same. He doesnt care about the people who pay his and his departments salaries . No time for him and for a bible basher he tells too many lies . 

He just regurgitates what he's fed. He may not even recognise that lots of it is bull. He's the ideal stooge, when was the last time that anybody else from the Dept went public, personally?

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 7:45 AM, Non-Believer said:

I pass regularly through this section of road and there have been long periods where there has been no workforce present. But to be fair, if they have been dragged off the job on those occasions and sent down that utter shambles of a Promenade to work that's not the workforce's fault, that's more likely a political decision perhaps to do ultimately with an approaching election?

Just driven up this road and nobody to be seen working at 4:30pm. There appears to be a length of pavement still to be surfaced and the road markings to be painted to complete the job (admittedly there could be more that’s not obvious).

But…….with a few extra hours at the weekend, or yesterday and today, surely this work could have been completed in time for the school return tomorrow 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, skins said:

Just driven up this road and nobody to be seen working at 4:30pm. There appears to be a length of pavement still to be surfaced and the road markings to be painted to complete the job (admittedly there could be more that’s not obvious).

But…….with a few extra hours at the weekend, or yesterday and today, surely this work could have been completed in time for the school return tomorrow 🤷‍♂️

Yes , if they had worked an odd Saturday afternoon, Sunday & a few evenings over the past 6 weeks it would have been finished on schedule, it will be chaos tomorrow on ballafletcher road, Braddan road etc 

20 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Yes, Tim....

Screenshot_20210907-180753_Chrome.jpg

So if nothing wrong with the concept why change it ...oh wait it was dangerous and not practical for many users . Do one Baker you muppet. Sort your Department out should be your main aim not defending the indefensible 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NoTail said:

I always understood that the TT was a "road race". One witch took place on roads.  Roads have crossings,bus stops, all sorts. 

Exactly. You don't take ballaugh bridge at 160mph, you slow down because it's a bit bumpy.

I still think they should go out in the rain and fog. Just slow down for the conditions, it's a time trial after all.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Exactly. You don't take ballaugh bridge at 160mph, you slow down because it's a bit bumpy.

I still think they should go out in the rain and fog. Just slow down for the conditions, it's a time trial after all.

It has more to do with visibility between marshal posts and the safety side of it than the rubber on the road. That's why I believe in time a lack of marshalls will eventually be the  end of the TT. And that's not to mention air ambulance access.

I'm sure a lot of us remember the manhole cover vs sidecars on Bray Hill incident. Part of the reason why DoI are so paranoid about maintaining the course while neglecting so many of the other roads.

8 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

It has more to do with visibility between marshal posts and the safety side of it than the rubber on the road. That's why I believe in time a lack of marshalls will eventually be the  end of the TT. And that's not to mention air ambulance access.

I'm sure a lot of us remember the manhole cover vs sidecars on Bray Hill incident. Part of the reason why DoI are so paranoid about maintaining the course while neglecting so many of the other roads.

Yes, and for a long time there was a white line on the road indicating where the manhole cover was, IIRC.