Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

Hearing a lot of moaning, a Manx pastime, about the queues on the promenade.

I go there as little as possible due to the works, its common sense to avoid it while it is getting rebuilt.

From what I am hearing its the same people, on face book moaning about the same situation over and over again - Is that not a sign of madness??

Come on Amadeus? What do you think?

Edited by Boris Johnson

6 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

From what I am hearing its the same people, on face book moaning about the same situation over and over again - Is that not a sign of madness??

Well the sign of madness is supposed to be doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

In which case most of the DoI should be sectioned.

Edited by Roger Mexico
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Hearing a lot of moaning, a Manx pastime, about the queues on the promenade.

I go there as little as possible due to the works, its common sense to avoid it while it is getting rebuilt.

No it's just common sense frustration at the incompetence, misinformation, excessive waste of money, endless delays, the madness of unmarked junctions with artwork on them and all out our expense. 

After all, has anyone been sacked during this fiasco? Not even guys trying to kill fucking seagulls with a digger, or whoever is responsible for laying and then relaying paviours, tarmac or concrete?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2013 at 7:54 PM, ans said:

I'd rather the entire road was shut for four weeks solid and done than this utter fiasco of 80 weeks while they appear to do next to no work and make no discernible progress from day to day.

they still haven't cured the water splash at the Ballafletcher roundabout  or managed to put the drains in the correct places to allow the surface water to run away ,and the road surface is breaking up  as well , You would have thought while all the plant and equipment was there they would have done a proper job , instead of leaving it to the next exciting   road closure 

4 minutes ago, Omobono said:

they still haven't cured the water splash at the Ballafletcher roundabout  or managed to put the drains in the correct places to allow the surface water to run away ,and the road surface is breaking up  as well , You would have thought while all the plant and equipment was there they would have done a proper job , instead of leaving it to the next exciting   road closure 

Drainage gully's go at highest point in the road don't they?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

In the DOI's play book yes it would seem so. How long till Richmond Hill has to be dug up again ?? 

Next year when they spend £500,000 planing the £50k dressing off and relaying it with the sort of stone chips the contractors wanted in the first place.

Some serious road dressing work appears to be scheduled for the North of the Island going by the size of the veritable mountain of chippings that has been stockpiled in the carpark/playground of the former Albert Rd school.

14 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Some serious road dressing work appears to be scheduled for the North of the Island going by the size of the veritable mountain of chippings that has been stockpiled in the carpark/playground of the former Albert Rd school.

TT course maybe as its terrible around the Hairpin and heading out of Ramsey. Sure theres another places down there really bad too. In fact there going to have a big problem getting the course sorted in time for racing in 2022 I'd say .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Thanks 1