Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

9 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

Prom now delayed until mid-January 2022 with snagging works until Easter 2022.

Released on a Sunday !!! Wheres Baker !! Knew it was coming , it was obvious that the last dates , end of this month wasn't happening . Where is this announcement to be found ??

Edited by Numbnuts

On 9/11/2021 at 4:48 AM, Non-Believer said:

Some serious road dressing work appears to be scheduled for the North of the Island going by the size of the veritable mountain of chippings that has been stockpiled in the carpark/playground of the former Albert Rd school.

Saw that myself, there is some lovely big bald patches on the road if you head towards Sulby Ginger, I expect them to wait until the weather starts to turn before applying them and then we’ll be lucky if it lasts the winter.

On 9/11/2021 at 4:48 AM, Non-Believer said:

Some serious road dressing work appears to be scheduled for the North of the Island going by the size of the veritable mountain of chippings that has been stockpiled in the carpark/playground of the former Albert Rd school.

Lots of the road markings have been removed between Ramsey,Laxey and Onchan, perhaps they are to be used there, no doubt at the same time as they shut the mountain road for some spurious  reason.

22 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Lots of the road markings have been removed between Ramsey,Laxey and Onchan, perhaps they are to be used there, no doubt at the same time as they shut the mountain road for some spurious  reason.

Good call . Noticed when coming back from Laxey yesterday lines had all been removed around Baldrine area .

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

Saw that myself, there is some lovely big bald patches on the road if you head towards Sulby Ginger, I expect them to wait until the weather starts to turn before applying them and then we’ll be lucky if it lasts the winter.

Don't think they can use them on the hallowed ground of the TT course.

6 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Don't think they can use them on the hallowed ground of the TT course.

They can and will use surface dressing on the TT course, although I would have thought they are leaving it a bit late in the year to be laying surface dressing late september is not ideal as the temperate drops quite rapidly and rainfall is quite common and this sometimes leads to problems (Richmond hill/Airport roundabout) another problem is getting the roadmarkings back before the weather turns, but no doubt the DOI will have factored in all these issues and will be well prepared. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Good call . Noticed when coming back from Laxey yesterday lines had all been removed around Baldrine area .

And out of Ramsey towards Douglas, Hairpin to Waterworks, that section is in a shocking state too.