Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

4 hours ago, NoTail said:

Perhaps Stu could ask in Tynwald 

Is the promenade a shared space where the highway code no longer applies and cars, pedestrians, cyclists have equal rights to behave as they feel fit? 

Or

Is the promenade a public highway where the highway code does apply?

But don't cars, pedestrians and cyclists already have equal rights on the highway. Or are you one of those many that think cars have greater rights.

I got my first beeping on the Sefton roundel yesterday.

Heading North along the prom and some clown coming from Summerland end towards Crellins hill indicating right pulled straight across in front of me leant on his horn and had a bit of an episode.

If I had had time I would have followed him and pointed out the error of his ways.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Heading North along the prom and some clown coming from Summerland end towards Crellins hill indicating right pulled straight across in front of me leant on his horn and had a bit of an episode.

If I had had time I would have followed him and pointed out the error of his ways.

He'd have knocked you out no probs

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

What I like about that is that they've obviously spent a lot of time finding exactly the most flattering angles ("Look the roundel is almost circular from here!") and least disintegrating pieces of infrastructure, but the general effect is to make the 'before' pictures still much more attractive than the 'after' one.  At worst the earlier ones just look a little 'tired' while the later one are garish and hideous.

For some reason I'm reminded of those "When plastic surgery goes wrong!" documentaries. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Wouldn't he have had the right of way. Coming from the right....you know, if it were a roundabout

• Confused 1

Just come from M and S  crossed prom at Regent street , big pools of water on the promenade side of the zebra crossing footpath  and the tarmac looks like its been laid to have a  ripple effect ,water almost over my shoes ,and its not been raining all that hard ,

If thats the standard of workmanship above ground then heaven help whats below it , also many paving blocks sinking in Regent street and look like becoming a trip hazard ,  I don't know who will be signing off the works but I would not pay anybody until these obvious defects are rectified , very poor workmanship and shoddy materials 

• Like 2