Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

2 hours ago, Omobono said:

Just come from M and S  crossed prom at Regent street , big pools of water on the promenade side of the zebra crossing footpath  and the tarmac looks like its been laid to have a  ripple effect ,water almost over my shoes ,and its not been raining all that hard ,

If thats the standard of workmanship above ground then heaven help whats below it , also many paving blocks sinking in Regent street and look like becoming a trip hazard ,  I don't know who will be signing off the works but I would not pay anybody until these obvious defects are rectified , very poor workmanship and shoddy materials 

Didnt DOI take over Regent street and other roads of the main Prom to 'help' Auldyn out ? 

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Wouldn't he have had the right of way. Coming from the right....you know, if it were a roundabout

I assume you are trying to be funny?

No.  Because it’s not a roundabout.

If it was a normal junction (it isn’t one of theirs either) I would have had right of way as he was crossing traffic.  There was no one coming behind me so he had loads of space to go round the back rather than cut in front

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

I assume you are trying to be funny?

No.  Because it’s not a roundabout.

If it was a normal junction (it isn’t one of theirs either) I would have had right of way as he was crossing traffic.  There was no one coming behind me so he had loads of space to go round the back rather than cut in front

I thought it was you trying to be funny. 

Didn't the police say treat them like a roundabout? One things for sure, they ain't a normal junction and if I understand your description correctly. The person turning right did nothing wrong.

Perhaps a sketch is required to check we are not at cross purposes. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I thought it was you trying to be funny. 

Didn't the police say treat them like a roundabout? One things for sure, they ain't a normal junction and if I understand your description correctly. The person turning right did nothing wrong.

Perhaps a sketch is required to check we are not at cross purposes. 

The DoI said treat them as roundabouts, but plod said treat them as uncontrolled junctions, I believe. Unfortunately, they’re all led by the same parliamentary and government clowns.

11 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Fair points, but still doesn't support @Ramseyboiopinion that he had the right of way. 

I never said I had right of way because nobody has eight of way on them.  I said some clown beeped at me because he clearly thought he had right of way - despite the fact I was going straight on them rough an unmarked junction and the clown tried to say in front of me to turn right straight across my path.

Unfortunately your lack of understanding as displayed in your posts here shows exactly why he thought he was right.

14 hours ago, snowman said:

13 hours ago, snowman said:

I never said you did

By inference you did. However moving on, the article says "giving way to other users". So everyone gives way to everyone. Very confusing. It seems in @Ramseyboi s latest experience the other person expected that Ramseyboi should give way. 

My conclusion therefore is that the Bullies will win and the meek with give way. Bit like Quarterbridge but without the lines and rules😭

• Like 1

I had to wait at the Villa at the weekend for about 15 mins for something, so went up on the balcony to admire 'myprom' and the 'not-roundabouts'. 

Everyone was definitely treating it like a roundabout.  I watched one guy coming down from Broadway, sit there for about 5 minutes waiting for someone on his right (north bound) to let him out.  Nobody did.