Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Leachate collected and tankered from the Raggatt site is also regularly discharged into a sewer which outfalls off the Breakwater AFAIK?

I thought they stopped that? Happy to be shown otherwise. 

ETA: not happy if they're still doing it mind, just ok with being wrong. Fucking fuming if it's still happening. 

Edited by Zarley

4 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I thought they stopped that? Happy to be shown otherwise. 

ETA: not happy if they're still doing it mind, just ok with being wrong. Fucking fuming if it's still happening. 

Maybe it has stopped and certainly not before time if so, it was certainly still going on 18 months or so ago? They used to discharge it into a manhole in Mill Road IIRC, I watched the tanker there with a big hose from the back into the manhole a few times. The driver never looked very happy about it either...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zarley said:

Yes the public would be overwhelming behind the sacking of the incompetent trio.

Little bothers me sufficiently to ever join in a protest or similar.  However I would be all over a protest (riot) regarding the complete incompetence of the DOI and demanding someone in Govt attempt to sort out the shitshow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Listening to Crookall on the radio today reminded me of Ray Harmer’s initial attempt to create goodwill where we all cheered when two miles of 12” wide crappy tar and clippings were put down. The bunting was almost out at the time the sense of relief was so high. Then it all turned to proper s**t … 

For the most part that temporary layer would probably have lasted a good three years, which would have meant plenty of time to get proper plans in place. But that never happened did it?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I did read your second sentence. I know what you are trying to say but in the context of the contract it is still not correct.

The Employer (DOI) cant negotiate end dates. The project manager, and only the project manager can change the date. The date is based on completion of tasks on the programme and the estimation of time required to complete the tasks that are outstanding. The estimation of time to complete the outstanding tasks is submitted by the contractor (mostly in their bid) and changes are either accepted or rejected by the project manager based upon his engineering judgement. Certainly not because a minister says something.

The reality is that there will have to be amendments until as such time as Treasury say enough is enough.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I see Tim Glover has been put into DOI.

Good opportunity for him to get involved and step up and show us what he is made of.

Making vague but slightly aggressive apologies while giving the impression that he doesn't really know what's been going on? 

It's what his career has has been leading up to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

The reality is that there will have to be amendments until as such time as Treasury say enough is enough.

Or approaching the next election when people start to get a bit squeaky about their Tynwald seats....?

• Like 1