Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

53 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Why couldn't they just shelve the idea of horse trams in the centre of the bloody roadway...

That annoys me immensely, now it's causing more problems. A single tack all the way along the prom with passing places makes more sense in my mind! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

That annoys me immensely, now it's causing more problems. A single tack all the way along the prom with passing places makes more sense in my mind! 

Move them to the Wild Life Park if they really must be kept at all! 

There's a reason everywhere else in the world scrapped trams dragged by nags!

59 minutes ago, MadAsHell said:

Because it was nonsense from the word go, and was used to get it through Tynwald? There was no mention of any hotels falling into sinkholes.

I suppose what I’m wondering is that it must be a damn sight cheaper to go down 800mm than 1.70 metres. I’m guessing that tremendous money saving will show up in the final analysis. (Sarcasm)

24 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Move them to the Wild Life Park if they really must be kept at all! 

There's a reason everywhere else in the world scrapped trams dragged by nags!

I don’t think it was financial in other places. I think they bowed to world pressure about animal cruelty. Good job we’re not bothered about that load of bollocks here. Not when the blue rinse brigade want to get to Marks for their pot of tea. 

1 minute ago, ecobob said:

I suppose what I’m wondering is that it must be a damn sight cheaper to go down 800mm than 1.70 metres. I’m guessing that tremendous money saving will show up in the final analysis. (Sarcasm)

haha you reckon...Harmer actually shot himself in the foot when trying to explain the 10 week delay blaming it on services and unkown pipes etc. Then a paragraph below says well actually we didnt need to go down anywhere near the depth we envisaged etc..So that should be a reduction of materials and works and no delays you would have thought !! You'd be wrong it would seem

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

haha you reckon...Harmer actually shot himself in the foot when trying to explain the 10 week delay blaming it on services and unkown pipes etc. Then a paragraph below says well actually we didnt need to go down anywhere near the depth we envisaged etc..So that should be a reduction of materials and works and no delays you would have thought !! You'd be wrong it would seem

If they had employed a "consultant"  would this cracking never had occured ?

1 hour ago, ecobob said:

I don’t think it was financial in other places. I think they bowed to world pressure about animal cruelty. Good job we’re not bothered about that load of bollocks here. Not when the blue rinse brigade want to get to Marks for their pot of tea. 

Animal cruelty is far from a load of old bollocks. 

17 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

If they had employed a "consultant"  would this cracking never had occured ?

I'm positive there's been consultants involved in this contract and probably still is. I don't get the procedures though they have followed in laying of the concrete . Seems there's normal practices that haven't been carried out..Could be wrong 

3 hours ago, ecobob said:

Don't you worry any surplus will still find it's way to the correct pockets!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Animal cruelty is far from a load of old bollocks. 

Yes. Yes I am totally aware of that. I was writing it as coming from the perspective of the IOM government as opposed to the civilised world. 

• Like 1

Apparently the number of suicides on the Island is way, spastically, above the number in the U.K. no wonder when all we have to look forward to is another one or two years of people moaning about the promenade, it is mind numbing to say the least.   The ones who have the least knowledge have the most to say, all fu....g experts.

3 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Apparently the number of suicides on the Island is way, spastically, above the number in the U.K. no wonder when all we have to look forward to is another one or two years of people moaning about the promenade, it is mind numbing to say the least.   The ones who have the least knowledge have the most to say, all fu....g experts.

Think you need to edit that!