Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

"The whole of the Sub-structure is cracking up......and if you just relay the surface in 5 years it will need doing again"

The first bit was bollocks and much of the standard of what has been done elsewhere will need re-doing in 5 years anyway; if not before.

Edited by Non-Believer
typo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

On a positive note Richmond Hill did not seem to have flooded today

I noticed this yesterday and today driving south and was pleasantly surprised!

The drainage improvements appear to be working well.... wow, who's responsible for that bit of competence?

47 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Whilst he is looking at that perhaps he can also look at the poor drainage by the Villa Marina. 

When they find a spirit level that works and sort this, I wonder could they take it to the Villa gardens where the paths become pools during any wet weather.

46 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

I noticed this yesterday and today driving south and was pleasantly surprised!

The drainage improvements appear to be working well.... wow, who's responsible for that bit of competence?

DOI outsourced it.  Re-laid tarmac is also remarkably smooth. 

Was also paying close attention to it yesterday and today. 

I see they works on the crossing on South Prom Ramsey have been delayed by bad weather.

In late October, and Ramsey South Prom! Who would have thought it?

Anyone know if they are likely to put any road markings back on most of the roads soon since it will be dark by 5 next week?  Some of them have been really dangerous in the wet evenings this week and that is as a local who knows the roads.  Anyone who doesn’t know where the road goes could have real issues.

I was in a car driven by a visitor recently and they were astounded at the lack of roadside markings, lack of reflectors at road sides, lack of warnings of tight bends (on NSL roads) etc.

They can’t even do the basics right.  The Patrick road had its markings scrubbed off in July and they still aren’t back!

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

I see they works on the crossing on South Prom Ramsey have been delayed by bad weather.

In late October, and Ramsey South Prom! Who would have thought it?

Anyone know if they are likely to put any road markings back on most of the roads soon since it will be dark by 5 next week?  Some of them have been really dangerous in the wet evenings this week and that is as a local who knows the roads.  Anyone who doesn’t know where the road goes could have real issues.

I was in a car driven by a visitor recently and they were astounded at the lack of roadside markings, lack of reflectors at road sides, lack of warnings of tight bends (on NSL roads) etc.

They can’t even do the basics right.  The Patrick road had its markings scrubbed off in July and they still aren’t back!

Anyone know the reason why all the markings, it seems on most roads, have been removed . I get the ones from Governers to top of bray hill but dont get the reasons behind the others.