Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

7 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Nick black was leaving anyway. He delayed his departure to make it look like alf was getting to grips with the situation. Childs play. I have no evidence to back up my claim. None whatsoever.

I agree about he likely delayed but feel it was more to do with his payoff etc than anything to do with Alf .

From what I  have been told and from experience over the last decade Mr Black was not the problem and has been the fall guy.

He was always very fair in my dealings with him, although limited, I got the impression that he was one of the good guys.

The islands irk regarding the DOI should be aimed pretty low.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boris Johnson said:

From what I  have been told and from experience over the last decade Mr Black was not the problem and has been the fall guy.

He was always very fair in my dealings with him, although limited, I got the impression that he was one of the good guys.

Shit floats to the top. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Has that just been done recently ?? 

I went through there yesterday and I don't think it was there then. Bear in mind however that we have a new, very dark surface on an unlit rural road at the bottom of a valley - and NO road markings. Perhaps somebody has had an outbreak of conscience? Now what might have brought that on?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I'm sure he's perfectly amiable in person, but he was always employed because he was weak and lacking in relevant knowledge.  His main purpose was as a sort of human shield while those under him did whatever they wanted.  But in the end he was the boss and with all that money comes responsibility.  As with Ministers, even if you are being prevented from being effective by the CM etc, there is still the option to resign in protest.  If not, you're accepting the situation.

In a way it's a surprise that he lasted so long - partly no doubt because of equally weak (or uninterested) Ministers.  Disposing of the CEO has become the way of  pretending to fix the Department while actually making no difference.  What Crookall does next (or is allowed to do next) is what will be important.

• Like 1