Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

1 hour ago, CallMeCurious said:
Presumably not the electric trams that require overhead lines, or are we going to see poles and wires springing up in the next 'phase' of the completed project? Or are they going to convert to battery power?.

Yeah, those ones. Think that’s the reason for the more heavy duty rails they’ve used. 

17 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

There’s a rumour on FB that the St Johns crossing has been erased this morning? Anyone been through? Sounds like someone might be bricking it after the findings the other week. How can they do a safety audit on something which doesn’t exist? Or maybe it’s been done and that’s why it’s coming out?

My friend has told me yes it's dug up !

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

There’s a rumour on FB that the St Johns crossing has been erased this morning? Anyone been through? Sounds like someone might be bricking it after the findings the other week. How can they do a safety audit on something which doesn’t exist? Or maybe it’s been done and that’s why it’s coming out?

Is this the DOI version of shredding the evidence? 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

Talking to a prom worker this morning - the horse tram tracks are being curtailed at the bottom of Broadway (not even the War Memorial) as it will mean no signalling is needed. Probably the smart move and now the rest of it can be polished off in no time. 

Be even better if they got rid of them totally.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

That makes a mockery of it all though doesn’t it? Come and see our heritage trams. That now run half the heritage route. Then terminate your ride at the mock Victorian breeze-block sheds and an have a pint at a forlorn and desolate pub overlooking a complete bomb site. It’s a joke. Might as well taken them off completely and put them up the Wildlife Park as an attraction and got the traffic moving on the prom properly.

I guess it does, but as there has never been a business plan produced by DOI to justify the C.£10m that has been sunk into the horse trams, then the whole thing is a mockery anyway. I'm not sure many of the anorak visitors would notice anyway... many of them seem to be half cut during their time here. I had the displeasure of sharing a tram with them when I took my family on the tram to Laxey the other week. 

8 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Be even better if they got rid of them totally.

That would be the ideal scenario! 

12 minutes ago, kevster said:

there's nothing wrong with the Terminus - especially now that awful manager has moved on

Other than it being owned by H&B. 

25 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s plain embarrassing. I like Alfie Cannan and I think he was the best choice for CM we had but he really needs to start duffing up these incompetents. Black has gone and it simply isn’t far enough. They need to get a few full on cultural change people in there on contract and just start ripping through heads. 

There isn't enough tax take to continue to support incompetence on an industrial scale !

• Like 3