Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

57 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Why don't they concentrate on one job at a time ie the Prom? How much labour and resources are they going to have to divert to this new project?

Totally agree. One of the comments in that link above suggests he’s doing it before the election to get the cyclists votes and it’s probably not far wrong as otherwise why the fuck would you this right now with all the other mess going on round the corner? It’s like they really do just want to close the whole of town down! 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Totally agree. One of the comments in that link above suggests he’s doing it before the election to get the cyclists votes and it’s probably not far wrong as otherwise why the fuck would you this right now with all the other mess going on round the corner? It’s like they really do just want to close the whole of town down! 

I drive/cycle along the prom every day and it just looks like they haven't a clue what they are doing. It's like Rag, Tag and Bobtail road construction

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:10 AM, Non-Believer said:

Why don't they concentrate on one job at a time ie the Prom? How much labour and resources are they going to have to divert to this new project?

I've been down to Douglas twice in the last two weeks, (I don't get out much lol), and both times I really didn't see any workers on the fenced off stretch at the sea terminal end of the works for the couple of hours I was there, ( between about 10am and 12). just saying.

Maybe they've already diverted them?

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Slightly off topic but do you reckon they will EVER fix Richmond hill then. Another winter on the way, so the road won’t be warm enough!!

jaysus, don't give the clowns any more excuses to start a road gang...

46 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

So if it is a private company why all the slagging off Harmer and the DOI if they got the contract they must be calling the shots and have obviously got expert advise.    I am in no way saying the job is a good un, but the wrong people seem to be getting the flack.

Because the brief and the specifications and the order of works are dictated by the DOI. Whoever prioritized the horse trams at the DOI needs taking out the back and shooting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that Broadway is going to be closed for five weeks

https://www.energyfm.net/cms/news_story_595143.html

It would be nice if the 'MyProm team' could be arsed to update their social media or website. It's not been updated in 3 weeks. 

The last time Harmer and Co. got their arse kicked by Bettison, Callister and Robertshaw they were full of apologies and promises that the work sites wouldn't be more than 400m and that communication would be greatly improved... what a load of shite that turned out to be!! 

9 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

It would be nice if the 'MyProm team' could be arsed to update their social media or website. It's not been updated in 3 weeks. 

The last time Harmer and Co. got their arse kicked by Bettison, Callister and Robertshaw they were full of apologies and promises that the work sites wouldn't be more than 400m and that communication would be greatly improved... what a load of shite that turned out to be!! 

Well nothing since the 27th August and the Twitter is similarly inactive.  They do still appear to be keeping Facebook up to date though, except that none of the recent posts actually seem to be about the works on the Prom.  I believe there are people working full time on this, you know.

• Thanks 1