Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

6 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I like the road layout of the prom - and that’s a phrase I never thought I’d hear myself utter.

I’ve been up and down it a few times now including this morning in ‘rush hour’ and I like it more every time I travel it.

Bear in mind, I’m not passing comment on the finish, the concrete, the pavements, the lights et al, just the road layout itself.

I like the roundels too  at one time the road just ran straight through with no markings and it worked just fine  it also seems to be working much the same now  

It takes me back to the days when there were no traffic lights, no roundabouts, no signs telling us what to do. The times when everyone just took care and looked after themselves and others. 

At one time before the works started (when Noah was a small boy) I counted twenty four road/parking signs around the Villa Marina. They’re all gone now and It’s much prefer it.

So there. 

I don't think they have finished putting up the new signs........................

I like the road layout of the prom - and that’s a phrase I never thought I’d hear myself utter.

I’ve been up and down it a few times now including this morning in ‘rush hour’ and I like it more every time I travel it.

Bear in mind, I’m not passing comment on the finish, the concrete, the pavements, the lights et al, just the road layout itself.

I like the roundels too  at one time the road just ran straight through with no markings and it worked just fine  it also seems to be working much the same now  

It takes me back to the days when there were no traffic lights, no roundabouts, no signs telling us what to do. The times when everyone just took care and looked after themselves and others. 

At one time before the works started (when Noah was a small boy) I counted twenty four road/parking signs around the Villa Marina. They’re all gone now and It’s much prefer it.

So there. 

"And here's to you, Mrs Robinson"... 😁

• Haha 2

So there. 

To be fair, I find it sort of all right but, and its a big but,  Mrs Johnson will not drive on it any more, its made her shop in Tesco mostly as an aside as she finds getting there easier than M&S or Shockrite

She is from the UK and drives in Manchester/ Preston and the surrounding areas quite a few times a year still but found the prom too "unfathomable" 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, TomTucker said:

no queues on broadway as no traffic lights is the biggest benefit, i noticed the pinkcrete has almost entirely broken off where it meets the tram rails.

When you drive the full length its kinda OK, sh*t finish but at least its not a suspension workout like it used to be. 

Just needs a 2 inch thick layer of tarmac spreading across the road and shite-crete. Job would be perfect then! 

See the gift that keeps on giving ...if your a Sefton shareholder that is. Apparently according to MR the works around the Sefton cannot be itemised seperatly so would seem the taxpayer picks up the costs. Despite earlier DOI said that works around the area Sefton would contribute . Needs to be questions asked about all this as too much seems to go on around Sefton and Government. John Shimmin anybody ??!!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

See the gift that keeps on giving ...if your a Sefton shareholder that is. Apparently according to MR the works around the Sefton cannot be itemised seperatly so would seem the taxpayer picks up the costs. Despite earlier DOI said that works around the area Sefton would contribute . Needs to be questions asked about all this as too much seems to go on around Sefton and Government. John Shimmin anybody ??!!  

Alan Bell saying that the present Government has no corporate memory ! ! 
No wonder 

2 hours ago, James Blonde said:

I thought that was part of the art being installed on the Prom! 

The hipsters will love it. 

A post modern piece, combining the demise of the internal combustion engine with the metaphorical car crash that has been the prom redevelopment. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Whatnonsence said:

Alan Bell saying that the present Government has no corporate memory ! ! 
No wonder 

Allan Bell himself possessed a very short memory when it was convenient to do so...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2