Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

9 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

That is a well-framed photo. A Mondrian-style work of art (except for the triangles).

In the latest Strategic Board minutes they refer to a possible roundabout statue as "an installation", so it could be they regard the prom. scheme as a 1.5 mile long art installation.

Which brings me to the promenade cracks. As art aficionados no doubt they are all familiar with Doris's Crack which was on display at the Tate Modern a while ago, and they regard the cracks as an essential part of the piece - representing the dichotomy between rich and poor etc.

Perhaps all the cracks will be given names like Black's Crack, Cannan's Crack and so on. And as there are so many cracks to go around, the taxpayer will be able to sponsor a crack....

Will Amy get one ?? Asking for a friend ! 

17 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Perhaps all the cracks will be given names like Black's Crack, Cannan's Crack and so on. And as there are so many cracks to go around, the taxpayer will be able to sponsor a crack....

I believe this was successfully done on island before?

Foxdale football club. TT week 1993 as I recall.

Edited by Ramseyboi

2 hours ago, James Blonde said:

This is a personal favourite of mine... don't worry about designing roads to meet basic safety standards, just design a new standard. 

image.png.84184a86351ba837ed7a05b1bc8097a2.png

Fortunately Nick Black was identified as not being up to standard and that's why he's out on his arse.

On 12/15/2021 at 4:25 PM, Passing Time said:

Fuck sake - only Nick Black???

if he has gone under mars  that could be as much as £250,000 plus a lump sum and a pension around £50,000 + a year  for life  ,I hope someone in Tynwald or on the Public accounts committee  is going to investigate this , and the same with Big Annie at the airport , add this cost to the fiasco's then this is not far short of criminal 

3 hours ago, Omobono said:

if he has gone under mars  that could be as much as £250,000 plus a lump sum and a pension around £50,000 + a year  for life  ,I hope someone in Tynwald or on the Public accounts committee  is going to investigate this , and the same with Big Annie at the airport , add this cost to the fiasco's then this is not far short of criminal 

He can't have got Mars, if he did the role would disappear. Thought it was a year's salary anyway. Possible he has been sacked and paid his notice. Most likely negotiated an agreement. Which will be confidential, can't remember what they are called. Someone will know on here.

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

He can't have got Mars, if he did the role would disappear. Thought it was a year's salary anyway. Possible he has been sacked and paid his notice. Most likely negotiated an agreement. Which will be confidential, can't remember what they are called. Someone will know on here.

Compromise agreement?

I heard it and wondered if it was to be an "impartial" go-between, between the Minister and the Departmental CS (who can't be trusted/relied upon etc etc).

Then again, it might just be the beginnings of an extra layer....

ETA found it

Screenshot_20211218-083200_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
Screenshot

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

I heard it and wondered if it was to be an "impartial" go-between, between the Minister and the Departmental CS (who can't be trusted/relied upon etc etc).

ETA found it

Interesting!

Certainly not another name for CEO though. Seems daft when this is clearly part of a CEOs duties. 

Surely the CEO should be impartial too.

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

ETA found it

I read that job description as:-

The new minister is a bit thick so we need someone to sit in with him at meetings, stop him eating the rubbers on the pencils and explain that diggers don't actually talk like they do in Bob the Builder.

Edited by Boris Johnson