Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

29 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I see we have our first pothole where the tarmac joins the pink concrete (near the Claremont towards the Sea Terminal)

First of many......

There's a good few forming between Broadway and Palace Hotel where the pink concrete joins the tarmac. 

The frost tonight should help get things moving...

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I see we have our first pothole where the tarmac joins the pink concrete (near the Claremont towards the Sea Terminal)

First of many......

It’s amazing you can still see them. Just been down there and I thought my headlights had stopped working going past the Sefton the street lighting is abysmal. It was like driving down a dark country lane.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paulos The Great said:

It’s amazing you can still see them. Just been down there and I thought my headlights had stopped working going past the Sefton the street lighting is abysmal. It was like driving down a dark country lane.

Good job there's no unofficial official crossings on that bit.

On 12/31/2021 at 4:35 PM, Rhumsaa said:

amazing stuff

I suppose that's one way of putting it.  I can't help thinking that the format of Intermittent Political Review of the Year to the Accompaniment of Passing Traffic may need some working on.

Two things strike me, watching the traffic in the video, about the idea that the roundels are trouble-free however.  The first is that the one they are looking at isn't the one most were saying would cause the trouble - that's the one at the bottom of Broadway.  This one was always going to be less problematic because most traffic is simply driving along the Prom and there's loads of space for the small minority that isn't to manoeuvre.

The second point (and I've noticed this in person here) is that the area is now much less friendly for pedestrians than it was before.  This of course goes directly against the whole shared space idea that they claim to be promoting.

13 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

The second point (and I've noticed this in person here) is that the area is now much less friendly for pedestrians than it was before.  This of course goes directly against the whole shared space idea that they claim to be promoting.

The zebra at Sam Webs is dangerous and the rest arent open yet. They all far too close to the roundals. 

They do however make the flow of traffic much better but the traffic on the prom is hugely reduced, even this morning first day of school going back and there was no queue on broadway at all. I think people prefer to drive down Woodbourne Road and queue than risk being T boned.