Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

Minister Tim Crookall is getting to use his seemingly favourite word "hopefully" a lot these days. Twice in the same sentence in that Manx Radio report.

In his job  you get one stab and one stab only at the word "hopefully". He's been spurting it out since he took over as Minister. It isn't good enough. Not good enough at all. I don't know what gave Tim the idea he should become an MHK again. Maybe the people of Peel could inform us. 

2 hours ago, Barlow said:

Minister Tim Crookall is getting to use his seemingly favourite word "hopefully" a lot these days. Twice in the same sentence in that Manx Radio report.

In his job  you get one stab and one stab only at the word "hopefully". He's been spurting it out since he took over as Minister. It isn't good enough. Not good enough at all. I don't know what gave Tim the idea he should become an MHK again. Maybe the people of Peel could inform us. 

Well Peel did didn’t want boot & Harmer & I think Cowin would have been a disaster so not much choice,personally I think he’s doing a decent job , it’s only been 4 months so let’s give them all a chance 

Edited by Banker
  • Like 3

''   Well Peel did didn’t want boot it Harmer  ''

is that way he checked his tyre pressures?

i'm willing to give crookall a bit longer, he came out fighting with a new outlook on past events. his latest utterances have been a bit of a watering down but let's wait to see if he can get back on course with his ongoing criticisms of the currents situations.

One would hope that it  isn't the Civil Servants bullying him!!!

Edited by Kopek
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well Peel did didn’t want boot it Harmer & I think Cowin would have been a disaster so not much choice,personally I think he’s doing a decent job , it’s only been 4 months so let’s give them all a chance 

A professional would never ever ever ever ever ever say hopefully.....if they did they wouldn't do it again and again and again and again. Sorry.

I wouldnt in any way , shape or form say putting right the cracked red/pink concrete is a minor task and as the DOI couldn't find a way out of it in over a year I don't think they do either. Its a big job whatever way they do it. My money is on they dont and just leave it cracked . 

Edited by Numbnuts

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Well Peel did didn’t want boot & Harmer & I think Cowin would have been a disaster so not much choice,personally I think he’s doing a decent job , it’s only been 4 months so let’s give them all a chance 

Well I hope that hopefully you are correct. Hopefully.

We can hope.

Each time Tim says "hopefully" he may as well give a six figure sum of taxpayers' cash to the contractor and delay the project a few more weeks/months. He's a nice guy and all that, but maybe he achieved his level of responsibility by reading an envelope and putting the letter through the right door. I mean that seriously and don't mean to sound offensive - I'm a building labourer by trade and that has a fair bit of responsibility. 

Edited by Barlow