Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

The new LED street lightiing does seem to be rather dim but i presume it is the white light as opposed to the warm orange glow of sodium?

The LEDS can be focused more accurately than the sodiums lighting up someones bedroom all night! but the LEDs are rather a grey light than bright orange we were used to?

There has been so much comment regarding the fairy lights post Douglas Promenade they are putting a few of them up on the South Quay…..put them back on the Promenade and get a bit of atmosphere on it for God’s sake,if they are strapped for cash flog a bin Lorry they have got a few spare.  Douglas is drab enough these days with empty shops everywhere and no doubt there will be more with the rate increase.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Do you think they could plug some street lights in to those chargers when they’re not in use? Just been across the prom and it’s appallingly lit. 

tye prom lighting is shit ,  someone is going to drive into those unlit stone monoliths at some point too thinking they can overtake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

They've started to dig up the new road already! The pedestrian crossing near Mona Drive. That's 3 months since it was 'finished'? 

Should be back to the old patchwork of tarmac in no time. 

Isn’t that part of the scheduled works in that area with road closures?

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I was on the bus today so had time to take in the view instead of concentrating on driving and I could not believe how narrow the prom is in some parts.  I cannot believe these plans got passed, all that money spent, so disappointing  🥵

wait to you see Pulrose Bridge. Lots of trucks, lorries will use that too.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 0bserver said:

No this is on the main road, sea side

The other works are on the side roads. 

I walked past that yesterday. I suspect that is some snagging work, as this was one of many spots where the levels were wrong and water was gathering instead of draining. The works seem to involve a new surface drain.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I was on the bus today so had time to take in the view instead of concentrating on driving and I could not believe how narrow the prom is in some parts.  I cannot believe these plans got passed, all that money spent, so disappointing  🥵

It’s going to be chaos when the wonky donkeys start again. Nobody will be able to get past the buses in bus stops, which should have been recessed, and nothing wider than a motorbike will be able to overtake (though really it’s undertake) the trams, so we’ll end up with massive tailbacks. God help the emergency services during TT if they have a shout that needs them to use the prom when other roads are closed. 

Edited by Itsmeee
Spelling
  • Like 2