Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

drove along it all at night recently its not bad to start off with and reasonably well lit, the cones on the tops of lamposts in different colours were OK. Not tacky at least. Empress / Bottom of broadway onwards is considerably poorer. 

I think they should pedestrianise it from broadway to sea terminal and put a electric tram (douglas area rapid transport ) DART or SHART maybe

22 minutes ago, Banker said:

They are a waste of time and money, and I'm in favour of them! There was a cock up from the start in retaining a double line from Broadway to Derby Castle and now the shortened track goes nowhere. Why would you get on the track to nowhere?

4 hours ago, Banker said:

Tried to walk across one of the shared space crossings yesterday , f’ing dangerous! No one stopped or slowed down to allow us to step forward & eventually waited a few minutes until no traffic to cross, either remove or make into zebra crossing !

Never crossed a road in Asia then? 

Be brave, go for it, keep walking at the same pace, don't stop or slow down, the cars will all just veer round you.

Hopefully. 

46 minutes ago, Max Power said:

They are a waste of time and money, and I'm in favour of them! There was a cock up from the start in retaining a double line from Broadway to Derby Castle and now the shortened track goes nowhere. Why would you get on the track to nowhere?

the full length track has gone nowhere for years either.

4 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Except it won't be £1.5m will it.

The traffic light and computer controlled points had a cost estimate of one million. I think the information is somewhere in the magnificently  titled Strategic Board Minutes - but these are cunningly published as a pdf image rather than text, so that the taxpayers are prevented from making text searches.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

The traffic light and computer controlled points had a cost estimate of one million. I think the information is somewhere in the magnificently  titled Strategic Board Minutes - but these are cunningly published as a pdf image rather than text, so that the taxpayers are prevented from making text searches.

OCR?

51 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

OCR?

and part of the problem with the change over points is the gap around the rails   is so wide there was a risk of damaging the horses feet ,  to there has been a rethink , someones head should roll for this  computer controlled traffic lights for a 5 `mph horse drawn victorian tramway  that only operates 6 months of the year  and only in daylight ,  what a criminal waste of money , 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

Think it was stated to be £900k but as sure as eggs are eggs it's going to end up being much more. 

And for some unknown reason zero minutes have been produced for public since  10 September 2011. Disgrace that there that far behind and clearly I'd say they dont like what story they tell. A few months they were really surprisingly enlightening as to what was happening but clearly theres been a change of mentality. Coincides with Black's departure maybe ?    

Edited by Numbnuts

5 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

£1.5M to install what we've already paid for once?

Maybe they're hoping that if they leave it another 2 years everybody will have forgotten by then.

Didn't the original plan have the nag tram going all the way to the sea terminal? why are we expected to pay again for it. Paging Chris Thomas and Rob Collister

• Like 1