Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Aren't the Police primarily obliged to act and investigate upon receipt of complaint in civil matters? Meaning that unless somebody actually complains directly to them about an issue they can effectively disregard it?

Is it a civil matter? I think if a vehicle is parking dangerously (i.e. within 10m of a junction) it is a road traffic offence. That's not a civil matter, but then is it criminal?

46 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Queens Prom is a joke today. People ignoring the hundreds of no parking cones and a ridiculous set of traffic lights that nobody can even work out how to use. Then a fleet of DOI vans parked with the orange lights flashing all the way from the bottom of Summerhill Road to the tram sheds. It looks like a major incident when in fact it’s just another major f**k-up. 

Yes, I saw all of that too, and not a soul doing any work..............

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Yes, I saw all of that too, and not a soul doing any work..............

I actually went for a look along at around 1 30 pm and yes , lights working , lots of cones etc as came down Summerhill. Waited quite awhile to get through lights but zero sign of anyone working or even DOI vans etc. Surprised at the amount of cars parked in the what was supposed to be a parking suspended area. Mind blowing. Maybe the weather put them off. Funny that as I helped a friend out with a job in the rain using my chop saw and circular saw. Yes I got wet big time but needs must....unless you work for DOI. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

What an enjoyable way to spend 45 minutes after a crap day at t he office.

Sat in traffic because all the bottom of Summerhill is coned off without anyone actually doing any work

Maybe @Amadeus is setting an example by making Summer Hill the first of the new "closed roads" play zones. Did you see a load of smiling, fresh-faced youngsters out playing cricket and marbles in the street?

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Some genuine and respectable people actually observe the laws and are not bone idle lazy.

Really? I'm sure there are a few who would fit that description but for all law observation I think you are stretching a point to suit your chosen argument?

I would claim to be 98% a considerate driver, I parked in Shoprite to visit the Fairy Glen one rainy evening because those who park on Vic Rd are a bit of a nuisance. Same for similar situations, consider others, even tho one knows that they would not be so considerate.

It's all very well to try to defend a stance but really, never stolen a Biro from work, parked on a yellow, failed to say you been given too much change in a shop, rattled the collection box in a church but not actually put anything in, add any other non considerate situations you can think of  here???

Then, you are God but then, even he had a few problems?

However, most could not agree with your quoted claim. The 'some' would be a small %?

2 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

What an enjoyable way to spend 45 minutes after a crap day at t he office.

Sat in traffic because all the bottom of Summerhill is coned off without anyone actually doing any work

If it’s any consolation, I was also in a queue there and you beat me to posting about it. I swore quite a lot. It didn’t help. 

On 1/24/2022 at 8:21 AM, Amadeus said:

Neither will EVs in future. We don’t have a rapid charger network here yet, and it will be some time until we get one. Slowly more rapid chargers are being added (next ones at new Starbucks and KFC, then hopefully shoprite car parks and other locations)  but it takes time. If I use the 50kw one at the sea terminal, I can add 30 miles range in the time it takes to get an overpriced coffee from Costa. 

KFC drive through one step closer. Signage arrived on boat.

5016605F-DCBA-4560-97F6-60BBA94AAA72.jpeg

A14A2631-140B-46B2-A2A6-7BBDE843D956.jpeg

99415364-106C-40BF-A07D-0C422360C130.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Bloomin heck. No mistaking what that was!

Fingerlickin good

Assuming it’s run better than Duke Street ( same franchisee? ), and the fryer fat is changed, the delivery option might be worth a try.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Assuming it’s run better than Duke Street ( same franchisee? ), and the fryer fat is changed, the delivery option might be worth a try.

They use just eat in the UK for deliveries. I wonder if they will do the same here.

I am pretty sure its NOT the same franchisee, I will check.