Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

15 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

One can only dream👍

What a bout a Pizza hut that doesn't look absolutely dirty and disgusting and somewhere you might get a lovely delicious pizza without fear of

a) Being mugged

b) Being poisoned

In that establishment or Douglas generally?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Is the franchisee not the same person with the Douglas Dominos and Starbucks?

Not sure whether that was the same person that had it in town.

He talking about the ex DOI boss not the KFC chap.

Edited by finlo

Interestingly had a look at the ongoing Prom works/ snagging or whatever its called . Seems they are grinding out a small groove along the length of where the red concrete meets the road tarmac. No sign of anything getting done to the umpteen cracks in the red concrete though. So they have either decided leave it and the problem will go away , it wont ! , or come back to it at a later date. They in my view have to, as with water getting in then freezing it will cause cracking and in time break up the surface . 

Edited by Numbnuts

Just been along the prom. What a shambles, especially where the double tracks and the  crossover is .Massive waste of space IMO. Personal transport is here to stay and will always need parking which imo should have provided for years ago.

I know quite a few folk who can't be arsed going to Douglas any more and buy or browse on line or elsewhere.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

I know nothing about drainage but I’m guessing exactly where that storm drain should actually be. 

Dont think so . Its just a case of them getting levels totally wrong. Its not normal to put a low point or collection area in the middle of a crossing. Well never was when I was doing groundwork. 

• Like 1