Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

22 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

He is definitely driving one though so it’s bound to happen at some stage. 

He has a PSV license and when he was chief at DOI he pulled regular shifts as a bus driver at weekends. Probably because his wife hates him and wanted him out of the house 

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Driver2020 said:

He was driving our bus home a couple weeks ago.

I may be rather cynical ( in the sense of being contemptuous) but what can one say when the best job the ex-chief of a department with a turnover of £120 million a year can get is as a bus driver.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I may be rather cynical ( in the sense of being contemptuous) but what can one say when the best job the ex-chief of a department with a turnover of £120 million a year can get is as a bus driver.

With his payoff and presumably pension entitlement he won't need to work, he's probably just keeping boredom at bay.

It's indicative of the unaccountability though (IMHO) that he's still allowed anywhere near DOI operations; given the nature of his departure and the fact that he's indirectly (or directly) cost the taxpayer hundreds of thousands of pounds during his tenure one might have thought that he'd have stayed away a good distance.

But no, there he is, back with his mates and still on the payroll. They can't be that short of drivers, surely...?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

will be dealt with as an internal staffing matter.

Someone earlier pointed out that the video used either a DoI or gov. logo. In this case I think that a government statement (no matter how disingenuous and full of junk) should be made - if I was ruler of the gov., I would be trying to get the video taken down.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Someone earlier pointed out that the video used either a DoI or gov. logo. In this case I think that a government statement (no matter how disingenuous and full of junk) should be made - if I was ruler of the gov., I would be trying to get the video taken down.

It's a pity it's not a TT logo....DfE would be down on him like a ton of bricks......surely?

• Like 1

Black driving a Bus! How ridiculous. He has a Taxi license now, his wife will be on the phones  and 22 spare vehicles on his estate. Tim C and Alf C use him all the time and he doesn't give them any discount!!!

He's also going to build the houses at Jurby and personally dig the silt out of Heysham and restore the Fairy houses on Bradda Head.

How the hell will he have time to drive a Bus??? Not to mention the shelves his wife wants to put up?

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The only spare car on his estate is his 7.2L Jensen Interceptor. I can’t see him making much out of that as a taxi at 8mpg. 

I dunno, have you seen the price of taxis these days? 🤣

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

With his payoff and presumably pension entitlement he won't need to work, he's probably just keeping boredom at bay.

It's indicative of the unaccountability though (IMHO) that he's still allowed anywhere near DOI operations; given the nature of his departure and the fact that he's indirectly (or directly) cost the taxpayer hundreds of thousands of pounds during his tenure one might have thought that he'd have stayed away a good distance.

But no, there he is, back with his mates and still on the payroll. They can't be that short of drivers, surely...?

Millions is easier to type. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Basically, I think he is playing a personal game called "Let's see how much I can take the piss out of these IOMGov Wankers" and keeps pushing boundaries for his own personal enjoyment - safe in the knowledge then they eventually find someone with a big enough spine to confront him, he can walk away with a fat pension and "go quietly" pay-off.