Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Cant agree sorry , the gardens are lovely and on a nice day are well used . One of the few nice features in Douglas. The rest resembles god knows what. Cant say bomb site with whats going on elsewhere ! 

So as a result of people who want to use the gardens there's trams in the middle of a road and cracks in a new road that cost millions

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snowman said:

So as a result of people who want to use the gardens there's trams in the middle of a road and cracks in a new road that cost millions

The cracks and defects are down to incompetance and bad practices nothing to do with where the trams are. And they have always been in the road and never been a problem really. I'm not convinced however, with what they have gone with now , with the crossing etc at Broadway is a good idea , if it ever even gets finished , but I think they should have been fine relaid  back where they've always been. The whole job though has been a monumental balls up from the day they started with the plans and continues to this day.    

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, snowman said:

Should have got rid of the trams entirely or removed the gardens and put a single tram line there. 

There is a completely unnecessary path that runs alongside the walkway for most of the prom. They should have put a single line here. They didn't even consider it. They seemed obsessed with keeping two lines. No idea why.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

There is a completely unnecessary path that runs alongside the walkway for most of the prom. They should have put a single line here. They didn't even consider it. They seemed obsessed with keeping two lines. No idea why.

Because the horse trams bring in millions of tourists and billions of pounds every year. Do keep up.

• Haha 5

On 3/26/2022 at 12:09 AM, Numbnuts said:

The cracks and defects are down to incompetance and bad practices nothing to do with where the trams are.

If they had scrapped the trams then the scheme may have actually fallen into the DOIs scope of (almost) capability. 

It would have cut 18 months and £5.5m off the scheme. 

On a plus side as I understand it if DOI don't start building the Loch Prom tram track by October then planning has lapsed and they'll have to reapply... not a chance it will her approved if people cite safely concerns about children and horses. 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

It was nice to see them taking advantage of the good weather today to get cracking at Ballaffletcher, obviously aware that a combination of that, the prom and Tromode Road while the mountain is closed is going to cause absolute mayhem, possibly even impacting ambulances trying to get to and from the hospital. 

This post comes to you from a parallel universe, and is sponsored by wishful thinking.com. Obviously there was none there and they aren’t remotely arsed about eh knockon effect to hundreds of people.

I travel on the roads a lot and my weekly mileage and time sat in the car not earning is through the roof at the moment.  It’s really not good enough

Just been through, traffic lights still in place & no one working on the junctions, meanwhile tromode road closed so must be chaos around8-9.30 & schools out time 

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

Just been through, traffic lights still in place & no one working on the junctions, meanwhile tromode road closed so must be chaos around8-9.30 & schools out time 

There was someone working there when I went through. Well I say working, there was a fella with a digger taking to a man holding a cone.

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

There was someone working there when I went through. Well I say working, there was a fella with a digger taking to a man holding a cone.

No, you didnt understand what was happening. The cone was the supervisor and they had been waiting for a coherent answer since 8 10 am .   

• Haha 1