Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

11 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

Just when you realise the government can’t be any more idiotic a local business comes along and does it for them!

Yeah, great idea.  Let’s let every business on the island do the same 😂🙄

https://www.change.org/p/rio-s-outdoor-dining-loch-promenade?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_32847195_en-GB%3A8&recruiter=1259073586&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

Think it’s a good idea, more outside dining is needed 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

Just when you realise the government can’t be any more idiotic a local business comes along and does it for them!

Yeah, great idea.  Let’s let every business on the island do the same 😂🙄

https://www.change.org/p/rio-s-outdoor-dining-loch-promenade?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_32847195_en-GB%3A8&recruiter=1259073586&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

Would be fine if DOI hadn't wasted swathes of Loch Prom on horse tram coridoosthat will never be used. 

If it's approved it will set an example to other restaurants along there and all the landside parking will be gone. 

Might be a bit close for comfort with passing vehicles too!

18 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

IOM newspapers 2018

B8553E1C-4640-4C9B-9995-2B8975A77ADF.jpeg

That's pretty much where they should be. Or even right through all the sunken gardens.  

Anyway. Good luck to Rio's. Will be a bit odd if there's only that one but if there's many such outdoor dining settings it could be quite good - especially when there's no more petrol or diesel cars

6 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

So they just decided to run a s**t piece of red concrete down the middle of the road for a laugh then? 

You laugh but yes they did actually.

The tram tracks are intended to go between the seaside parking and the wall of the sunken gardens. That's why there's the random patch of scrubland there.

FWIW I think the tram should have gone down the walkway south of the Villa, rather than being shoved between parked cars and a wall. But when has any part of the Prom project made sense?

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Is that what they’re doing? I saw them laying those big pink patches, are they some sort of shell grip/polymer? It smelt similar to fibreglass resin 

I drove past today and using a bit of common sense I would imagine that they are some type of undercoat/ stabiliser for the rallymac that is going  on top?

They are quite clearly not the final surface

Edited by Boris Johnson

31 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I drove past today and using a bit of common sense I would imagine that they are some type of undercoat/ stabiliser for the rallymac that is going  on top?

They are quite clearly not the final surface

It looks a very similar material to what was laid on Curraghs Road crossing, it’s sitting flush with the surface so they must be sticking a top coat over the whole lot

5 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

FWIW I think the tram should have gone down the walkway south of the Villa

FWIW. I think the trams should have gone along the Marine Drive!!! Would have created business opportunities up there for catering, retail and BV mini busses?

Not to mention the construction and bridging requirements.

An excellent vista of the Irish Sea and Choughs and Guide commentaries of crash sites of Cars and boats and the conception of many Manx Kids!!!

Still serious though.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1