Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

FWIW. I think the trams should have gone along the Marine Drive!!! Would have created business opportunities up there for catering, retail and BV mini busses?

i think its been mentioned before but horse trams don't work on hills

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Do you mean that the Horses could not cope with the undulations on the Marine Drive?

i did, the tram in EV2010's post is quite small to pull up hill,  our trams are bigger/heavier and it just isn't a good idea.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 7:56 PM, manxchester said:

Could it be to do with this: 

C94962E0-E2A4-4824-8AF1-8BBD060E437F.jpeg

I see that the pink panels have now been joined by a bright powder-blue square a bit further down today; further added to by two big blue blobs where somebody clearly knocked over the receptacle containing the blue liquid/resin/paint whatever.

Somebody has obviously decided that this particular stretch of road needs brightening up.

And/or, as we've all long suspected, a few of these fuckers from the DOI are either on LSD/hallucinatories or are some sort of Special Needs contingent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I’m trying to have a quiet Saturday afternoon and my phone rings off the hook with people saying DOI is hammering cars with tickets on the prom. And so they are. Loch prom section with unclear signage. Loads of cars ticketed. I’m fuming again. If anyone has gotten a ticket there today contact me ASAP as I’m taking this up with them on Monday. Already spoke to their supervisor who said most tickets will probably be cancelled anyway and when I asked why they gave them out in the first place, no answer... Seems the contractor put out insufficient barriers and signs, and now motorists are getting hammered. Jeez just once let’s work together and not put people off from coming to Douglas even more. 

3DCB9FEF-9103-4CE8-8600-EB0AEBDCD5FD.jpeg

61964113-C6CC-4E50-B61A-8BDBBEFD7940.jpeg

1F317C8F-2010-43CD-AF4B-B0A304EB5236.jpeg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I’m trying to have a quiet Saturday afternoon and my phone rings off the hook with people saying DOI is hammering cars with tickets on the prom. And so they are. Loch prom section with unclear signage. Loads of cars ticketed. I’m fuming again. If anyone has gotten a ticket there today contact me ASAP as I’m taking this up with them on Monday. Already spoke to their supervisor who said most tickets will probably be cancelled anyway and when I asked why they gave them out in the first place, no answer... Seems the contractor put out insufficient barriers and signs, and now motorists are getting hammered. Jeez just once let’s work together and not put people off from coming to Douglas even more. 

3DCB9FEF-9103-4CE8-8600-EB0AEBDCD5FD.jpeg

61964113-C6CC-4E50-B61A-8BDBBEFD7940.jpeg

1F317C8F-2010-43CD-AF4B-B0A304EB5236.jpeg

There are literally hundreds of no parking cones on Loch prom.

How is that not clear?

Visually impaired drivers?

ETA - Posting pictures from an angle that does not show the no parking cones does not make them not there 🙂

Edited by Boris Johnson
Accuracy

Loads of the cones have been moved and the supporting signage is inadequate. One sign is posted against the flow of traffic. Is that their sense of humour or something? 

5D98FB41-8B3F-4A4B-9F98-2E07C51C5124.jpeg

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

If people have moved the cones then they are idiots and deserve a ticket.  I was down there about 9am and you would have to be a special kind of person to have not noticed it was very clearly no parking.  

The same as it was yesterday, and the same as has been widely publicised all week.

Did these idiots not notice the work going on on the road? Or the fact that they have opened the walkway up for parking.

Turn your phone off and leave them to it.  They are idiots and are now paying the price for being stupid.

This

Edited by Boris Johnson

Cool story bro. Tell that to the people pulling up in the countless spaces without cones right now and with no visible parking suspension signs. When I asked the traffic guys why they can’t use common sense or call the contractor (watling) to fix this or put better barriers there, the reply was “not our job. I just do what I’m told”. 

• Haha 1